Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Here's My Plan for 08 RXTX

OK, here's my plan for my new toy. Last fall I bought a used 08 RXTX with 100 hrs. I had the SC rebuilt and the UPS man just delivered my first box of goodies. I got a 2*pump wedge, Riva OPAS Block Offs(the good ones), and a Riva Intake Grate. I do plan to reinforce the pump tunnel. So with these goodies installed, what do you think my gains will be? The guy I bought this ski from just bought a new RXT260AS. He feels he will kick my butt with his ski stock. What are your thoughts? TJCIN

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
    OK, here's my plan for my new toy. Last fall I bought a used 08 RXTX with 100 hrs. I had the SC rebuilt and the UPS man just delivered my first box of goodies. I got a 2*pump wedge, Riva OPAS Block Offs(the good ones), and a Riva Intake Grate. I do plan to reinforce the pump tunnel. So with these goodies installed, what do you think my gains will be? The guy I bought this ski from just bought a new RXT260AS. He feels he will kick my butt with his ski stock. What are your thoughts? TJCIN
    You may have the edge on him by just a 1 or 2 mph. When he hit the speed limiter, you will keep going.

Also do 4 inch intake, fill ride plate holes, reverse bucket mod (or take bucket off if you don't use reverse) Them are the cheapest mods! If you do it yourself, 100.00 for couple MPH

Then new impeller or repitch. I think your rxt-x vs a rxt 260 IS, stock...i would say neck and neck (not much difference) beside the Rider in driving (thats a big one)

Which intake is better for performance, Riva or Fizzle? I like the looks of the Fizzle better than the Riva. Riva looks a little plasticky and it's a 3" versus 4".

+1
    Which intake is better for performance, Riva or Fizzle? I like the looks of the Fizzle better than the Riva. Riva looks a little plasticky and it's a 3" versus 4".
    You just answered your own question. Its 3" vs 4". The 4" is going to provide more air flow to your charger. The 4" is better.

Thanks monaroman76. I did a search on here and it seems, just as you said, to be the general consensus that the Fizzle is better than the Riva.

+1
    Thanks monaroman76. I did a search on here and it seems, just as you said, to be the general consensus that the Fizzle is better than the Riva.
    I can personally vouch for this. I had the riva and went to the 4". The difference was noticeable. Not too mention the mounting position of the 4" is up under the glove box where it is much harder to ingest water.
    On multiple occasions i ingested water with the riva air intake.
    Oh and the 4" is cheaper.... Sold yet?

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

shit. 666 posts, i better do something about that..

I'm sold. In one of the threads on this topic, a member put it great. He said for the price of the Riva, you can get a Fizzle and a catch can. I'm glad now I didn't buy a Stage 1 Kit. TJCIN

+1
    I'm sold. In one of the threads on this topic, a member put it great. He said for the price of the Riva, you can get a Fizzle and a catch can. I'm glad now I didn't buy a Stage 1 Kit. TJCIN
    Do not run the catch can unless your only riding in fresh water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Do not run the catch can unless your only riding in fresh water.
    If it were me I would run a catch can and then lube the intake properly. Engine oil/gas vapors is not ideal, but I suppose it does cut down on maintenance if you want to route it back in...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information