Thread: RXP MYTHS !!!!!!!!!!!
04-29-2005, 04:32 PM #1
RXP MYTHS !!!!!!!!!!!
Here's a list of statements that have been made about the RXP and have been proven wrong all within the first full year since its release:
1. SeaDoo will only build it for one year
2. The coast guard will ban it
3. RXPs will only go 65 MPH stock
4. RXPs will only go 67 MPH stock
5. It will only be the fastest stock ski for one year
6. Yamaha will release a ski that kills it in 2005
7. Kawi will release a ski that kills it in 2005
8. TigerShark will releaseÖ (ok, I made that one up)
9. Stock RXPs will break down constantly
10. RXPs get bad gas mileage (TX-LA Casino Run í04)
11. When they break down it will cost you $6000 or more to fix even if itís the throttle lever.
12. There is a rampant supercharger problem with the RXP
13. Operating them in salt water will destroy the engine
14. If you use a Riva Power Filter your ski will meltdown like Chernobyl (they even had fake pictures of this)
15. Using the Riva Power Filter will allow water into your engine and destroy it.
16. (Once that was proven wrong) If you use the Riva Power Filter for more than 30 hours your ski will die.
17. Itís cheaper to modify your GPR than RXP to get to 75 MPH (See Riva kit speeds and pricing)
18. RXPs suck in the chop (see almost any endurance race result from 04)
19. RXPs suck in the ocean (See í04 LB2Cat results)
20. RXPs suck in closed course racing (See Cane Kahill's first place in last Pro class event)
21. RXPs are physically incapable of actually turning (See Cane Kahill's first place in last Pro class event)
22. RXPs are only good in straight lines (See Cane Kahill's first place in last Pro class event)
23. RXPs will never go 73 MPH (Green Hulk proves)
24. RXPs will never go 75 MPH (Green Hulk proves)
25. RXPs will never go 80 MPH (Enufpower/Peteshauling proves)
26. A RXP will never be as fast as any triple pipe GPR (Enufpower/Peteshauling proves)
27. Modding the hull for more air will lean the motor and boom
28. Adding Stage 1 will lean the motor and boom.
29. Adding stage 2 will lean the motor and boom.
Iím sure there are many, many more, but thatís all I could think of right now. If you can think of some more, post them and I will add to the ever growing list of myths that have been broken by the RXP.
04-29-2005, 04:35 PM #2
aaah, Jarrett's famous list
04-29-2005, 04:53 PM #3
that list is greatttttttttttttttttttttttt i posted it on seadoo.net also
04-29-2005, 09:25 PM #4
It's funny how everyone with a modded ski will brag about beating one but won't admit without their large cash outlay they wouldn't stand a chance.
The GPR is a good machine too but their have been a few more years for development of parts.
My RXP will be with me for a long time, even if someone else comes out with something faster.
08-11-2006, 12:27 AM #5
08-11-2006, 12:41 AM #6Originally Posted by CRAZEDRXP
08-11-2006, 07:32 AM #7J3ffGuestOriginally Posted by CRAZEDRXP
08-11-2006, 08:39 AM #8
Yeah, number 10 turned out to be true, but I think the number of converts to the RXP is the proof in the pudding.
08-11-2006, 02:56 PM #9
That list sure brings back a lot of memories about what was being said about the RXP on the Ultra150 board among others ! It is amazing how the performance of this ski has evolved in only 3 short years. Almost 20mph have been added to an already impressive stock speed. This is especially true given the fact that it has a poor hull design for it's intended purpose and the super charger clutch should never have been introduced in it's present form.
08-11-2006, 06:16 PM #10
- Join Date
- Oct 2005
Man am I glad I don`t see the other three letters on that list - GTX
yeah, I dropped a ton of dough in it, oh well! ...PR...
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 60Last Post: 01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 28Last Post: 06-28-2007, 12:00 AM
By Jrsrxp in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 06-07-2005, 07:50 PM
By LiquidDI in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 23Last Post: 05-09-2005, 04:29 PM
By mrracing in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 23Last Post: 05-05-2005, 05:20 PM