Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

New Parts Arriving

Riva Intake Grate
    2 degree pump wedge
    ppg repitched solas
    opas block off

Gave ppg the rpm and speed for the repitch....68.8mph @8100rpm's
    I'm thinking of putting the wedge and intake on first... get the numbers, then install the impeller. Where should It be with everything installed...as far as rpm and speed? This is all I want to do for now.

Don

+1
    That's too bad Don...you've just become infected with the mod bug. "That's all I want to do for now." I've said that three times before. Those are good mods to start with. You'll see many posts containing many persons' opinions about which mods to do first. I think the Riva grate, OPAS bye-bye, and the Solas are a great start. The pump wedge (I have) has been under scrutiny in terms of only being good in smooth water conditions. Look around and I think you'll find someone on here has gotten a tad under 72 with these very items.

Enjoy!

+1
    you are off to a great start. That Solas will provide for some SICK acceleration. I think you should see 70 easy at about 8000 RPM's. If you add a cold air intake you should see 71+ and 8100 RPM's.

I Would put you gains as such

Riva Intake Grate = Good hook up, no speed lost on glass and help in acceleration

2 degree pump wedge= HMMM verdict still out on that one. I am not running it.

ppg repitched solas = Better have some velcro on you ass. Acceleration is sick. Out of the turns is much better and with the

OPAS block off =you will get better tracking across waves and boat wake, and with the grate you will notice no drag in the turns.

Look for top end to be around 70mph

Hulkster- I just added PPG repitched Solas. 2 degree pump wedge, Riva air filter, and Riva top load grate all at the same time. My question is: I have a slight nick in the wear ring and I decided to keep it in for now, do you think this was a mistake I am testing it out on Saturday to see if I aligned the steering correctly and to make sure the opas block-offs don't leak
    I also noticed when changing to spark plugs that gap end was a little white. They are original (30 hours) and I use 93 octane fuel. I must be runnig WOT too much!?

now some guys are getting a mile more on top end with the stock than the solas but it does not have the acceleration that he soals has. I have my impeller pitched so I can keep the acceleration. I run my RXP in CC racing so I want to keep the edge off the line to that first bouie.

+1
    Thanks,

+1
    Muddy River, you should be okay with just a small knick, but look forward to replacing your wear ring in the near future. It's always best to keep a spare on hand to reduce down time.

Your plugs are fine. These engines are made to run at WOT all day long.

+1
    Where do the 8400 and 8450 RPMs come from The ECU I'm guessing, but I don't know what the stock ECU cut off is...

stock ECU is 8150rpm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information