first time owner/poster , new ski in baton rouge la

my name is brandon im from around baton rouge La , bought my first ski yesterday a 96 gti , great shape 300.00 with trailer , it has sat in a shed for about 4 yrs now , previous owner said it ran fine before being parked , i started with a good cleaning at the car wash , including engine compartment , got a lil water in the carbs , i pulled them to rebuild today , and i used paper towels to dry water outta the engine , then i put some marvel mystery oil down the cylinders , im going to get some more fittings tommrrow for the fuel lines after i clean them
    my first question , is how would i go about draining the old fuel, and oil and cleaning the tanks? next question would be where is the fitting for garden hose to run the engine outta the water?
    i also gotta get new plugs as well the old ones looks pretty bad, what else do i need to expect to do to get this thing up and running again ? i have another battery as well , i know there is a lot to be done , and i dont know much about these things , my dad is a whiz at 2 stroke engines , he can rebuild them , service them , tune them ,so im not too worried there , i know i removed a bird nest outta the jet in the back today looking for the garden hose fitment
    thanks guys

St. Amant, LA
    Hi Brandon, and welcome to the 'Hulk. If you can get her up and running for not too much coin, then yes- sounds like a pretty sweet little deal.

First off, though, you need to repost your maintenance/service questions in this section: This section is specific to SeaDoo 2 strokes.

Secondly, you might want to take a look here for more info, although I can't vouch for the sight. It just popped up under a Google search:

I wish I could help you more w/your bike, but I haven't fooled w/a smoker in years. But check out that first link... someone will come along and bail you out.

Good luck w/your project and let us know how it goes.

Thread Information