+1

Is A fuel controler my only hope?

So last week I decided to change my valves, while doing this I decided to clean the intake and exhaust ports up a little. I only cleaned the port I did no work in the bowl area. Now my A/F ratio is 11.2 WOT and 14+ in the mid range, my RRFPR already has the boost line capped off. Is the fuel controller my only hope? Will a aftermarket ECU with larger injectors help?

The fuel controller certainly seems to be the most popular option discussed on this board. IMO it's simple, effective and does exactly what I need it to do, that is fine tune AFR across the whole rpm range. Another popular solution is the a BEGI 2025 sold by bellngineering plumbed in downstream of the rrfpr. With this dual regulator set up the RRFPR is used to adjust idle fuel pressure to dial in idle afr. The BEGI is used to adjust mid/high rpm fuel pressure by allowing adjustment of when the fuel pressure starts to increase with boot/vac and also the rate of fuel pressure increase per manifold pressure increase. It has been discussed in depth on this board. I have done both and either will works well,but personally prefer the accuracy of the fuel controller though.

+1
    why do you have the boost line capped? hook it up and see how it runs if it runs to rich turn the pressure down when boost increases so does fuel when the line is hooked up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dlamazing View Post
    why do you have the boost line capped? hook it up and see how it runs if it runs to rich turn the pressure down when boost increases so does fuel when the line is hooked up
    +1

Guys don't forget cjo's other thread.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...Mid-range-AFRs

dlamazing that green & black looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by cjo632racing View Post
    So last week I decided to change my valves, while doing this I decided to clean the intake and exhaust ports up a little. I only cleaned the port I did no work in the bowl area. Now my A/F ratio is 11.2 WOT and 14+ in the mid range, my RRFPR already has the boost line capped off. Is the fuel controller my only hope? Will a aftermarket ECU with larger injectors help?
    If you hook up the boost line you'll need to back off the base fuel pressure and that will make mid-range even leaner than it is now. You can use the dual regs to manipulate fuel pressure, or use a fuel controller to manipulate injector duty cycle. Either way will solve your problem. You may also consider retarding your cam a few degrees. That will richen up the mid-range some and lean out the top end some. You may get into the mid 13's in the mid-range.
    Mark

+1
    Thanks for all the input guys

Chad

Thread Information