2011 N/A champ 2011-2012 turbo champ elpeladodelsamba's Avatar
    +1

wanna see stock 260x vs 300x from holeshot both stock anyone????

want to see them going from startline to see if there is really a big diference. someone has got one allready??

Quote Originally Posted by elpeladodelsamba View Post
    want to see them going from startline to see if there is really a big diference. someone has got one allready??
    300 is quicker and faster than 260 (alot faster with that speedo wheel mod); the jury is out on this and the verdict is in. From many hours on my on stock 260x and conversations with an astute 300x owner my opionion is as follows: If you are a recreational Sunday rider (even a very good Sunday rec rider), the performance difference between a 260x / 300x is not worlds apart. If you are racing and you want to do well, then the appreciable differences between the 260x / 300x are greater, and you need the 300x.

For the average Sunday Joe, the 260x is still a great boat. And at 5K less it may be a better choice overall. So net net, it really depends on how you plan the to ride the Ski????

+1
    i am the actual n/a champion (yamaha vxr) and planing to buy a turbo watercraft to race next year here in uruguay. championship consists of 5 races and 4 of them are offshore in the sea, one is in a river with no mayor waves. wanna see the holeshot in video between them anyway to decide my purchase next month . yamaha fzr is u$23k kawasaki ultra 300x arrives in 2 weeks and its about u$27k and sea poop rxt x 260rs is u$23k . deciding between ultra 300 and fzr with an r&d kit of about u$3k cause stock is a bit off power. let me know what you think john. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elpeladodelsamba View Post
    i am the actual n/a champion (yamaha vxr) and planing to buy a turbo watercraft to race next year here in uruguay. championship consists of 5 races and 4 of them are offshore in the sea, one is in a river with no mayor waves. wanna see the holeshot in video between them anyway to decide my purchase next month . yamaha fzr is u$23k kawasaki ultra 300x arrives in 2 weeks and its about u$27k and sea poop rxt x 260rs is u$23k . deciding between ultra 300 and fzr with an r&d kit of about u$3k cause stock is a bit off power. let me know what you think john. thanks
    If you race offshore (I am going to assume the race is at least a tank of gas) the holeshot doesn't mean much and has very little to do with who eventually wins the race. But seeing you are a champion, and I assume you want to stay one, 300x should be your first choice. You may not win the river race on the 300x, but you should be in contention for the other 4 races I would imagine. Besides, a video drag race does not tell the whole story. A few weeks back in a local offshore race here, 9 out of the top 10 boats were KAW Ultras . . . now that tells a story!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    If you race offshore (I am going to assume the race is at least a tank of gas) the holeshot doesn't mean much and has very little to do with who eventually wins the race. But seeing you are a champion, and I assume you want to stay one, 300x should be your first choice. You may not win the river race on the 300x, but you should be in contention for the other 4 races I would imagine. Besides, a video drag race does not tell the whole story. A few weeks back in a local offshore race here, 9 out of the top 10 boats were KAW Ultras . . . now that tells a story!
    john: yes there are 4 offshore races but normally they do a 40 miles offshore race and part of the race is a course and the start is all together with pwc started and when the flag goes down if you get fisrt to the first corner its dificult to get passed. i will be watching close more info before buying one in a month or so . thanks

Thread Information