Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Hello everyone, New to Green Hulk!! Running an odd set-up

I am currently tuning a 95xp with proks with 40mm throat/38i mikuni (99 spx carbs) accelerator pumps. I could have sold my ski and bought a 96 xp or 97-99 spx. I have a sentimental attachment to my 95xp, also SD mineral two-stroke is less expensive than synthetic LOL. I hope to find a RFI pump to add more performance when I get more money and get my current set-up tuned in. Anyone else ever ran a similar set-up or know anyone else who has?

+1
    i have run the 787 carbs, on the 720 before. good upgrade. i would remove the accel pump assy, and rejet the carbs to 96 specs.

+1
    Hey John!!! How are ya doing? I don't know if ya remember me but I bought a seat and a set of carbs from ya almost 2 years ago. I have been struggling with dailing the recent carbs set up in along with Proks too. I was hoping the accel pumps would help get a better hole shot. I have jetting close to my specs. I am running a staggered 70pto 67.5 mag currently. I haven't got to dialing in the high speed circuit yet currently the mains are 137.5mag and 140 on pto . I had it out today and I am hesitating off idle so I am gonna try going up a half size on the pilots. If that doesn't work I may try disconnecting the accel pumps and start over. John I could always put the 38s back on you sold me and set back to stock, put a forsale sign on a hope to get enough for a 96 xp and put the accel pump carbs on it.

+1
    i am sure i would remember you, if you stopped by the shop. ( don't know every one's screen name here, sorry).

if you have PROK's, you will need to lower the pop off, and possibly jet up some on the lows. your numbers sound close. you will ahve to do some tunning though.

good luck.

+1
    John, I am Randy from Knoxville TN. I remember you had to build a makeshift box to ship the 95xp seat to me LOL! That was when I first started fixing up my ski. You were very helpful to me, actually the carbs I bought from ya were off an HX and I had to use my old jets out of my old carbs. My Pop-off is 20 psi using black 80 gram springs. Im gonna rejett upping the pilots. David HX has helped me with this one a whole lot. I bet he wishes he didn't live so close to me LOL!! I am gonna jet up and see if that helps my problem. When I feathered the throttle yesterday, pumping gas from Accel pumps, my ski's acceleration bout knocked my wetsuit off. I just hammered it a couple of times. Im gonna stay out of that higher fuel circuit until I get my lows right. This has been one hell of a learning experience!!

Im not exactly sure if this is right, or it only applies to the 787, but I think if your going to stagger jets you should only stagger the main jets, and keep the pilots the same.

Not sure though, correct me someone if Im wrong

+1
    You may be right about that. This is my first tuning experience. The guy I bought the carbs from suggested this, he knows the 717 engine pretty darn well but he is human. I may go ahead and pick up 2 -72.5 pilot jets and one extra 70. May as well try that next if my Staggering on the pilots doesn't work. It cost me more in gas to make multiple trips to one of my local suppliers. I am actually about to leave the office and go pick up some jets and a fresh set up carb base gaskets. Thanks for the reply! Dude

+1
    Does anyone else know if Burton2323 may be right about not staggering the pilot jets on 717?

Quote Originally Posted by rhyne717xp View Post
    I hope to find a RFI pump to add more performance
    Whats the benefit of this ??

When i bought my seadoo buddy had 2 pumps...
    The one on was the RFI and the "spare" is the OE pump.
    Just ordered the R&D Nozzle set and wondering what the actual pump to use and why.

+1
    The RFI pump is a larger pump and was designed for a larger powerplant. I was gonna buy one and have it worked to my mildly modified 717 engine. I hear its a good mod without spending 1000 bux on an aftermarket pump. I wouldn't dare run it on a stock 717. If the RFI pump performs well for ya I wouldn't change it tho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information