FX SHO no water coming out of cooling spouts?

Hey guys,
    Last fall prior to winterizing our SHO's (me and my dad each have one) i washed them both and ran them on the hose for a few minutes. My machine didnt have water coming out of the spouts on the port and starboard sides of the machines yet my dads had water pissing out. Are these infact cooling water spouts or bilge spouts? Please help explain this to me i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks All

SHOBOATIN

+1
    The cooling pilot on the left of the ski is for the engine cooling. The cooling pilot on the right of the ski is for the IC. It's ok if you don't always have water coming out the right pilot because you need a lot of water pressure, but in my experience I have always had water coming out the left pilot and I would be very concerned if I didn't.

anytime i dont see water coming out of my ports i check the line for a blockage just to be sure pull it off blow air through it and see if its clear if it not clean it out

+1
    My FZR would have water coming out when it was level, but if it was tilted with the nose up-water did not always come out-probably it's something as simple as that.

Ok which line am i pulling off of where? If its not plugged then what else could it be? i have never had problems with the machine over heating in the water or anything like that.

+1
    Here is what to do to see if you do have a problem. Go down to the launch pad, just submerge the intake grate into the water, you don't need to put the ski in the water. If water is coming out of both sides then there is no problem with the cooling just you probably don't have enough water pressure at home for the water to circulate through the cooling system properly or the ski is not level on the ground. If when you do go to the launch pad and there is no water coming out the holes or it's looking like the flow of water is being disrupted then you probably have something stuck inside your cooling system or a cooling line popped off.
    Do this and report back to us.

+1
    Strap it to the trailer, take the seat off and back it into the water at the ramp. Start it and see if water comes out of all the pissers after a couple seconds.

I've had a hose pop off outside the ski back at the pump which could be seen with a flashlight as long as the rubber flaps are off (has anyone ever put these back on after removing them?).

okay i will do that. The thing is though that when i run my dads machine on the hose which is the same machine 08 fx sho, the water comes out the pissers. But maybe the trailer is at a different level or something i dunno if there was a cooling hose off would i not have an issue with over heating?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBOATIN View Post
    okay i will do that. The thing is though that when i run my dads machine on the hose which is the same machine 08 fx sho, the water comes out the pissers. But maybe the trailer is at a different level or something i dunno if there was a cooling hose off would i not have an issue with over heating?
    Yes you will have an issue with over heating but luckily the ecu will put the ski in a safe mode so it won't do the ski any damage.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I've had a hose pop off outside the ski back at the pump which could be seen with a flashlight as long as the rubber flaps are off (has anyone ever put these back on after removing them?).
    After installing the Riva IC. I decided to leave the flaps off because the top bolts for the flaps were touching the riva hose. I drilled a hole in brace and wire tied the hose to brace to keep it away from trim wheel & arm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00684.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	235932  

Thread Information