Supercharger Slip Question - Need Advice - 2008 Speedster 150 215

I just replaced the OEM ceramic clutch washers on my stock supercharger with Riva steel washers. Before I removed the washers I checked the slip and it was at 5.75 ft lbs (69 inch pounds). I though this was a bit low since the boat has only 14 hours on it (bought boat last year as a new 2008 leftover). After replacing the OEM washers with the Riva's the slip only improved to 6.0 ft lbs (72 inch pounds). Still too low I think.

What is the best way to increase the slip, use shims or change to McMaster Carr spring washers? And what exactly should I set the slip to on a stock supercharger? Again it only has 14 hours on it, it's too soon to do a rebuild, just wanted to swap out the ceramic washers at this point.

+1
    72 inch lbs is within spec BUT will fall off soon after some run time..I would set your slip up to about 100-110 inch lbs..then that way once the clutches break in it should fall to about 90-95 inch lbs which is perfect for a 215 hp SCer..The best way IMO is the McMAster Carr washers..BUT be careful adding them cause they can jump your slip way up if you add to many..you may only need to use 1 or 2 of them to get your slip right..(yes you can mix and match them,we do it all the time to set slip)Hope this helps you out some...

Sno,
    Thank you very much for the expert advice. Will order the McMaster Carr washers today and tune in the slip to 100-110 inch lbs.

One last question. The SeaDoo manual calls for Loctite Blue 243 to be used to secure the SCer shaft nut, but Riva calls out in uppercase bold in their instructions for Loctite Red. I have both. Which should I use?

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    Sno,
    Thank you very much for the expert advice. Will order the McMaster Carr washers today and tune in the slip to 100-110 inch lbs.

One last question. The SeaDoo manual calls for Loctite Blue 243 to be used to secure the SCer shaft nut, but Riva calls out in uppercase bold in their instructions for Loctite Red. I have both. Which should I use?
    I've always had to use a little heat to get the SC nut off from the factory. I don't know why SD would say blue, but you definitely want to go with red. I'm not sure blue would help a lot at 52,000rpms.

+1
    Definatly use Red loctite...anything else your looking for trouble..

Thanks guys, red it is.

red on the rear, blue on the front (left hand thread) or red all around. i put blue on front, only because of LH thread..No?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by middaughm View Post
    red on the rear, blue on the front (left hand thread) or red all around. i put blue on front, only because of LH thread..No?
    NO...Red ON BOTH FRONT AND REAR...The ONLY thing you use blue for on a Scer is the housing bolts....

Thread Information