Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Best waterbox mod for a rxp-x?

    Ive been doing alot of research and the cost or a box isnt really in my budget. What seems to be the best waterbox mod for the 08 and up. Gutted? shortened? holes drilled like the older boxes? Any input would be aprciated


  2. #2
    probably going to ask, what else is done to ski. If nothing, i wouldn't start there,because the gains are pretty much nothing, except noise! lol Stock ski, go 4 inch kanaflex to SC, grate, impeller,2 degree wedge,reverse bucket mod,fill ride plate holes

  3. #3
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    If you are just trying to make it louder, just gut the stock waterbox and do a rear exit. Thats all I did and have been running it on my fast ski for years. Till you start doing bigger SCer's and ecu's the stock PX exhaust is very good left stock.

    Started a 09 PX project a while ago in the Project Section, link below. Up to 74.5mph now with just 3 mods. No free mods done, yet.

  4. #4
    So far ive got 4 in inatke, worx grate, ride plate filled, bucket cut,rxp nozzle. free flow exhaust. Figured id wanted my ski a lil louder and back when I had a 05 i did the box mod and it made a lil difference. Just trying to do as many easy mods as possible. I dont wana go rear exit cause i have a warranty and im trying not to do a drop in or ecu yet.

  5. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by TbSSVern View Post
    Ive been doing alot of research and the cost or a box isnt really in my budget. What seems to be the best waterbox mod for the 08 and up. Gutted? shortened? holes drilled like the older boxes? Any input would be aprciated

    The best water box by far is this Riva waterbox.

  6. #6
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by TbSSVern View Post
    So far ive got 4 in inatke, worx grate, ride plate filled, bucket cut,rxp nozzle. free flow exhaust. Figured id wanted my ski a lil louder and back when I had a 05 i did the box mod and it made a lil difference. Just trying to do as many easy mods as possible. I dont wana go rear exit cause i have a warranty and im trying not to do a drop in or ecu yet.
    Cheap route, just gut the stock waterbox and put the cover back on the waterbox if its a 08. Doubt the dealer would ever notice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The best water box by far is this Riva waterbox.
    Have one on the shelf. Getting ready to put it in the 08PX when I get motivated.

  7. #7
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Cheap route, just gut the stock waterbox and put the cover back on the waterbox if its a 08. Doubt the dealer would ever notice.



    Have one on the shelf. Getting ready to put it in the 08PX when I get motivated.

    Thought she wanted hers quiet??

  8. #8
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Thought she wanted hers quiet??
    Putting it in the fast one. Hers has to stay stealthy. Quiet, but fast.

  9. #9
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Putting it in the fast one. Hers has to stay stealthy. Quiet, but fast.
    Ahh OK Bro. You will be sounding like me perhaps

  10. #10
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Ahh OK Bro. You will be sounding like me perhaps
    Boy, I hope not. Your exhaust is louder than your SCer and thats saying something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Waterbox Mod for 2006 RXP
    By skigolfnut in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 12:43 AM
  2. Need advice on mild mods for 04 RXP
    By dave911rsr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 09:19 PM
  3. waterbox mods for a super charged 15F?
    By doodle in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 06:51 PM
  4. Stock intake grate mod for the RXP?
    By yellow4 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 11:15 AM
  5. Newbie to RXP - Order of mods for 04 RXP?
    By snowrunner in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 08:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •