Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RXT loosing oil

RXT loosing oil

My RXT is loosing oil after every use. I notice that the oil level will be less that it was before used, and after use i have to add 1/2 litre oil. Also when flush the engine in the garage, the ski will smoke alot, so the garage will be like a cloud. I also found oil in the supercharger.

Any help please

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what year ski?
    any oil inside the hull?
    stock ski or modified?
    how many hours?
    stock air intake or aftermarket air intake? if aftermarket, catch can or not?

Have an extended warranty?

Year 2005
    hours 44
    all ski is stock
    No oil in the bilge

+1
    I would do a leak down and compression test to see if the oil is passing by the rings.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx ltd View Post
    My RXT is loosing oil after every use. I notice that the oil level will be less that it was before used, and after use i have to add 1/2 litre oil. Also when flush the engine in the garage, the ski will smoke alot, so the garage will be like a cloud. I also found oil in the supercharger.

Any help please
    the oil in the suprechrager in normal it comes from the crankvent don't worry about that, unless u have a defect in the crankvent and it is dumpin a 1/2 liter / hour into your intake than i guess u should worry a little and do a simple test disconect the crankvent hose from your intake and hook it up to a bottle of some kind (a clear one preferably ) and go ride it hard and chek to see how mutch oil is drippping into the bottle if it's a 1/2 liter than u know that u got a bad valve the valve is located at the back end of the head since u have an RXT u gona have to remove the seat suport to see it or to get to it here's a picture i hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3161.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	805.0 KB 
ID:	10988  

my 05 rxt used to loose about 1/2 qt every 2- 3 hours of ride time, turned out to be cilinder wall scored (from over heating) and getting pasted the rings.

Great thanks for your help, i will try this method and let you know, but i have to wait until the wind calm down, because the sea is too rough.

thanks Again

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    don't bother "testing" and using a catch can to see how much oil you collect... you are far beyond that... if the oil level is dropping each time you use it and you are smokin a blue-ish tint out of the exhaust you have a problem inside the motor

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    yup take it in

Quote Originally Posted by beached log View Post
    the oil in the suprechrager in normal it comes from the crankvent don't worry about that, unless u have a defect in the crankvent and it is dumpin a 1/2 liter / hour into your intake than i guess u should worry a little and do a simple test disconect the crankvent hose from your intake and hook it up to a bottle of some kind (a clear one preferably ) and go ride it hard and chek to see how mutch oil is drippping into the bottle if it's a 1/2 liter than u know that u got a bad valve the valve is located at the back end of the head since u have an RXT u gona have to remove the seat suport to see it or to get to it here's a picture i hope this helps
    Hey is that picture of a rxp ? It looks familiar.
    04-05 TOPS/crancvent is located on the front of the engine.
    Last edited by RXP6; 11-23-2006 at 12:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information