Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Kawasaki Ultra 300x need a low fuel pick up

Hi

Does anybody know if the Kawasaki Ultra 300x needs a low fuel pickup?

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    its not a matter of needs its a matter of if you want to reach the usable fuel in the bottom of the tank

+1
    Hi

I am keen to buy the low fuel pick up immediately, but I wonder (possibly dream) that Kawasaki might have attended to something like this when they made a lot of other improvements and changes and called it a 300x!

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    it would be the only mod i would buy the rest you can do yourself.

+1
    Hi

I might hold off on the low fuel pickup mod for now. Keep in mind I am not a pwc expert and haven't owned or know nothing about Kawasaki pwc's but I have just found out the pickup on the bottom of the fuel pump on the 300x is approximately twice as long as the pickup on the fuel pump from the 250x and 260x. Even the part numbers are different. That along with some changes to the fuel tank design and part numbers for the fuel tank I think Kawasaki have done some changes that allows the rider to use more of the fuel in the bottom of the tank.

Older fuel pump with standard length fuel pickup is: 49040-3719, newer fuel pump with extra long fuel pickup meaning it reaches much further into the tank is 49040-3720.

It seems we need definete answers from experienced people before doing this mod for potentially no reason.

regards,

OZFXSHO

I think the extender provides additional access to remaining 1.5 galls in tank. To me, that is drop in bucket and I would never cut gas that close. You have to bend floatarm so its departure from stock. If 300 has re-worked it to get last 1.5, then no reason for extender unless its hooked to your emergency reserve! But, whatever floats ones boat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    I think the extender provides additional access to remaining 1.5 galls in tank. To me, that is drop in bucket and I would never cut gas that close. You have to bend floatarm so its departure from stock. If 300 has re-worked it to get last 1.5, then no reason for extender unless its hooked to your emergency reserve! But, whatever floats ones boat.
    The only real reason to be concerned about the fuel pu if is you are using the boat for racing vs. recreational. Every last drop counts when in extended Endurance motos or offshore. Therefore, the concern.

+1
    Hi

UPDATE: as tested by Poppa Dawg it is still beneficial to fit the extended fuel pickup as previously used in the 250x/260x pwc's. The R&D part from the greenhulk online store works perfectly in the 300x.

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    the extended pick up ive seen is only about 1 inch long is it worth the trouble?
    like blue said you shouldnt cut it that fine.

+1
    its an inch long but it relocates the pick up filter deeper into the tank and yes it really is worth it if you ride on extended rides where every ltr counts. how would you be running out of fuel but knowing you still have 5ltrs in there that you could have used. skips site showed the benefits in detail with a cutaway tank and a response from r&d.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information