+1

who do u use to have your impeller redone/welded to spec in the U.S, anyone use SBT?

my impeller is worn and causing my ski to cavitate, impelller has 0 damage though, it is just worn i guess. so all i need to get done is to weld the outside diameter of the impeller, re machine it to new specs and refinish and balance it. found 2 companies, sbt i have been always iffy about but their price is reasonable. impros almost double.

sbt is $60 plus ship, i have to send mine out first and they will then contact me, and then rebuild mine as they have no spares. but there info is a little vague.
    http://www.shopsbt.com/jetski/IMPELLER_TEMP.html

impros same thing except they are $100 but are detailed in there description if what will be done
    email from dave at impros
    Hi Mario,
    We charge $100.00 to weld the outside diameter of the impeller, re machine it to new specs and refinish and balance it. You can click on this link and print the form, fill it out and send it along with the impeller if you'd like.
    http://impros.com/printform.html

Thank you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

David Stewart.

Who do you use and how was your experience? really leaning towards SBT pending reply on what they do exactly, but am open to suggestions. thanks.

Both are good. Myself I used SBT. I'm very happy with how fast the turn around was for me.
    I shipped it too them on April 4th and got it back on April 13th.

+1
    dw250 what did you have them do to your impeller? did they have to bring it back to tolerance? ive tried contacting sbt but they have not gotten back to me yet. thanks in advance

I called them and told them about the having cavitation bad from take off. I checked the clearance beween the pump and impeller and it was off. I talked to them about refurbishing it.
    What all they did to it I don't know, but it looked like a new unit when I got it back and the clearance is around stock specs.

+1
    sbt emailed me back but totally avoided my question about rebuilding the impeller to stock specs. hopefully this time they let me know if they do in fact weld the outside diameter of the impeller, re machine it to new specs ,refinish and balance it.

hopefully my impeller wrench comes in by tomorrow.

thanks again dw250

Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post
    sbt emailed me back but totally avoided my question about rebuilding the impeller to stock specs. hopefully this time they let me know if they do in fact weld the outside diameter of the impeller, re machine it to new specs ,refinish and balance it.

hopefully my impeller wrench comes in by tomorrow.

thanks again dw250

I think you are answering your own question. Send it to Impros!

+1
    Since this is the impeller thread for now.. what can we do to the impeller for a stock 250x to either pull harder across the RPM range without losing the top end ?

+1
    ya but $60 compared to $100..... shit between just buying the ski, after market parts and rebuilding the pump to 2011 spec, i am out 6 grand cash.

thought i would buy a pristine 50 hour ski and not have to worry about stuff like this but oh well, good learning experience.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

from what i have read the stock is the best for flat and rough, you can get more out of it on flat , but will sacrifice on rough water. and vice versa

Thread Information