Can't get pump out of 93'ish Waverunner III. WRA650RA

Seems pretty simple, I've taken the 4 large bolts out around the rear of the pump. There were two small bolts up at the front of the pump, intake area. This pump is one large unit including the whole intake scoop. Kinda goofy compared to what I've worked on before. I've disconnected all the control cables, cooling and bilge lines. I try to pull straight back/aft on the unit and it just won't move. Is there silicone somewhere? I really doubt it's hung up on the driveshaft from the engine because I just replaced that so that should come apart easily. Any ideas? Thanks.

+1
    Seen this a few times on my blaster-it's just hoding on with oil and grease negative pressure in your intermediate coupling-sometimes tipping the ski releases it along with a wedge or 2 around the pump-You'll hear a big rush of air entering and it will just slide out. Failing that, it's engine out/slid foreward and undo the intermediate shaft to leave some air in that side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Seen this a few times on my blaster-it's just hoding on with oil and grease negative pressure in your intermediate coupling-sometimes tipping the ski releases it along with a wedge or 2 around the pump-You'll hear a big rush of air entering and it will just slide out. Failing that, it's engine out/slid foreward and undo the intermediate shaft to leave some air in that side.
    So you're just saying that suction on the connection of the two shafts is hanging it up?

Thread Information