Need some help..

Well I really did it this time... I didn't add stabil to the fuel at the end of last season and now my 04 GTX won't start.. I've never worked on a Seadoo but I work on my motorcycle a good bit. I guess if anyone has any info they would like to share before I get started, it would be greatly appreciated!!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to GH. not adding stabil is not a problem as I dont use it either. you need to get a couple fresh gallons of premium. next change the plugs. if that doesnt do it I would check for spark. if there is no spark I would trim the plug wires back about 1/4" and reinstall the plug boots( they screw on and off) post up when you get that far.

On an 'o4 GTX you cant trim back wires on the Spark Plug Boots since all 'o4 GTX's are 4-Tec's and have Spark Plug Coils.

Just adding/diluting the bad Fuel (if it is bad) usually doesn't work either--you need to completely remove the "bad" Fuel and fill w/ fresh fuel. Also, install a fresh set of plugs.

Using Sta-Bil (Marine Blue) is a good idea when Winterizing and not starting your ski for 4+ months and not using stabilizer is asking for trouble with the Ethanol Fuels most of us can't get around from having to use.

The easiest way to remove the fuel from the tank is to Siphon it through the Fill Tube. Warm up a long piece of 5/16" Siphon tubing in hot water to make it flexible enough to get around the crooks in the Fuel Tank fill tubing.

Siphoned out most, if not all the old gas and added 1 Gal of prem. Put 2 new NGK BR8ES plugs in and checked for spark. Also put a new battery in.. Still havent got it to crank yet. Going to give it another try in A little while then prob. recharge the battery. I checked the fuel filter and the gas is picking up and I am getting a spark. It has been sitting awhile and may just need to be turned over some more but in case it doesn't work.. What would you recommend doing next?

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore357 View Post
    Siphoned out most, if not all the old gas and added 1 Gal of prem. Put 2 new NGK BR8ES plugs in and checked for spark. Also put a new battery in.. Still havent got it to crank yet. Going to give it another try in A little while then prob. recharge the battery. I checked the fuel filter and the gas is picking up and I am getting a spark. It has been sitting awhile and may just need to be turned over some more but in case it doesn't work.. What would you recommend doing next?
    i would pull the fuel rail and put a paper towel underneath the injectors, push start button to see if fuel comes out.

When you install the key do you hear the fuel pump prime the system? If not check fuses and then perform a pressure test. I would do one any way to make sure it is with in spec. Fuel pressure is critical with Injection systems (we are talking about a FI ski right?). What I'm gathering is that it cranks you have spark yet it will not start. Verify fuel pressure before thinking about any thing more technical. Basics first.

Correction - I put that the Seadoo was an 04 it is an 02

Been trying to crank the Seadoo with no luck so I took the plugs out sprayed just a little bit of starter fluid in the cyl. put the plugs back in and had it running for a few seconds. My guess is the carbs need to be cleaned.????? I wouldn't have a problem cleaning them once I get them out but the big thing for me is getting them out and do they have to be synced after cleaning?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    I was going to say?? what ski are we taking about with B8RES and fuel rails? i KNOW those two donr go together,try spraying a shot of carb cleaner in the carbs and if it fires,go from there(carbs) goodluck,let us know

I can't see the carbs that good and I don't know where/if it has an air intake i can try spraying cleaner or starter fluid into. Should I take the exhaust off so I can get to it? Anything special I need to know about taking it off?

Thread Information