Alternative turbo for r12x or rebuilder in uk

Hi guys the inevitable has happened to my turbo and i am trying to source an alternative.
    According to the turbo rebuilders here in Scotland IHI the manufacturer will only sell the replacement parts to Honda only which to me sounds like bullshit.

Does anyone know of a turbo core which might fit and is more readilly available and what car its fitted to etc The main bearing has failed in my turbo so i need the full core assy, any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks again Stevie Wilson

+1
    Ramon at http://h20xtreme.net/pages/Links.html has a turbo upfit that bolts on for around $1200.00. It will get rid of the undersized stock turbo.

re new turbo

Thanks for the reply JR my only problem with one of there new turbos is i would have to send over my wastegate housing to be machined ,i would like to keep standard if possible thanks. Stevie w

+1
    There are several that have been on Ebay for over a year. Make them an offer and see if they take it. Some of them are brand new.

re turbo

Thanks again JR for putting me in touch with Ramon at h2o extreme he sent me a complete new 15x turbo with a machined housing for my r12x for $1000 .He is one of the most helpfull guys i have spoke to i couldnt recommend them more,delivery time from Florida to scotland 8 yes only 8 days.I will certainly be using them again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thegasman34 View Post
    Thanks again JR for putting me in touch with Ramon at h2o extreme he sent me a complete new 15x turbo with a machined housing for my r12x for $1000 .He is one of the most helpfull guys i have spoke to i couldnt recommend them more,delivery time from Florida to scotland 8 yes only 8 days.I will certainly be using them again
    To be a very small business, they definitely excell in Customer Service. We all need to support them so they survive this rotten economy and keep up the only real Honda R&D program currently ongoing.

Thats the turbo all fitted and hey presto my ski has come alive once again,what a difference in holeshot compared to the old one.

Once again cant thank Ramon enough for all his help great guy to deal with.

+1
    No turbo lag at all?

Thread Information