Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: engine broke?

engine broke?

Hello am henk from holland and i am reading this great forum allot.
    But now i am having a problem my self.
    I was riding the ski with stage 3 and i heared i loud noise coming out of the air filter
    Only at ones the ski stopped and the engine wont turn any more and i get the code maint??
    If i hit the start button i hear a loud click from the piston?
    What can this be?

Sorry englisch is not so good

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    hey how are ya, pull a spark plug out and look at it for damage,pull the supercharger hose off and look for any kind of "touchdown"there.and if all else,pull that head off.The rest of the guys on here will definetly give you alot of tips by the end of the day, sorry to hear bout it though....we've (most) have been there...
    goodluck eh?

+1
    What year is the ski? Can be a dropped Valve. Any damage visible? If it's a rod it usually will go through the Block. I wouldn't turn it over anymore to prevent anymore damage.

Take off your spark plugs and see how they look. if not good then you will have to pull the head.

+1
    Which injectors do you have?
    I have had some problems with the riva injectors,kept giving petrol which locked my engine.
    After removing sparkplugs no3 was filled with fuel.

Did you check your afr,since you installed a x-charger,you could be running lean.
    Otherwise send me a pm, or call me on my mobile phone ,if you want my number send me a pm.
    Maybe i can help you out.

I took the valve cover off nothing to see. But then i took the air intake off the supercharger and that doenst look ok. Can it be the the supercharger is bad so that the pistons cant turn?
    i will send you a pm rich

Quote Originally Posted by jailan View Post
    I took the valve cover off nothing to see. But then i took the air intake off the supercharger and that doenst look ok. Can it be the the supercharger is bad so that the pistons cant turn?
    i will send you a pm rich
    ..your supercharger problaby broke the shaft bearings or the impeller. pull the supercharger out and inspect the shaft bearings,impeller and clutch unit it could be broken and stucked thus causing the engine not to turn.

I took the supercharger off and now the engine turn! The bearings are bad off the charger

Thanks

+1
    I took the supercharger off and now the engine turn! The bearings are bad off the charger

Thanks
    Didn't see the post til now, but those were my thoughts exactly. Noise from the air filter and engine locked sounded like a supercharger bearing seizure to me. Glad you figured it out. Good luck with the repair

Last question i place the stock supercharger back until my other supercharger got repaired. Can i run this stock charger with the 42 injectors?

Thank you

+1
    Last question i place the stock supercharger back until my other supercharger got repaired. Can i run this stock charger with the 42 injectors?

Thank you
    Your air to fuel ratio will not be correct. It will run rich. If you still have the stock injectors put them bak in and tune you ratio. Then you should be good to ride at least I would think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information