Low Fuel Pressure My Problem??

I have an 05 rxt that will not start. First started out that it was an 06 crank in an 05 motor. After rotating the trigger wheel ccw 2 holes, it still wont start. Another set of new plugs were installed to be on the safe side as well as more fresh gas. It is getting spark to the plugs, I can see the arc when i pull them out to test them. The injectors are spraying as i put them in jars and turned the motor over and saw that. I tested the fuel pressure and im only getting 42lbs on the gauge. In the manual it says it needs 56-60lbs. I realize that is a good bit different but wouldnt the ski still start, just run poorly? Also, after turning it over for 6-8 seconds im also getting a code P-0344 but its only every once in a while. Anybody have any ideas???

+1
    P-0344 is your cam sensor signal missing.

You moved the toothed wheel the wrong direction. To use a 06 crank, you pull the pin and rotate the toothed wheel 2 bolt holes clockwise (not CCW)

Wouldnt the code come up every time then instead of intermittently? Is there a way I can check to see if that sensor is working, or if its a wiring issue?

Sea Dood: Are you serious?! All that work to go the wrong way.. I read on another thread that it was ccw Have you done this yourself with success?

The cam sensor code is always intermittent. I used to get it intermittently when dialing in my benchtop 4-tec system emulator (mimics a running engine). You get this code because the ECU is expecting the cam code about 7 teeth after the wide pulse code from the crank sensor.

I had seen someone post ccw before incorrectly. If you go back to all the posts on this topic you will see that I corrected this at least once for somebody.

I started this thread: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ht=crankshafts

You will see in this thread that even moving it two bolt holes, your timing is still not correct; it ends up retarded slightly. You can see from the pictures that you need to rotate the toothed wheel clockwise two bolt holes.

Maybe Jerry should make this topic a sticky so that people don't read the thread you did and make this time consuming mistake.

Perhaps a better way to say this is to make sure that when your #3 cylinder is at TDC, the locating hole on the toothed wheel should be about 11 o'clock position on an '05 and earlier, and at 7 o'clock on an '06 and later.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

For example, if you set #3 cylinder at TDC, the locating pin on the '06 is at 7 o'clock. The hole on the trigger wheel needs to be at 11 o'clock for the '05 configuration with #3 at TDC. So this means rotating the toothed wheel clockwise to move it from the 7 o'clock position to the 11 o'clock position.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Ha! Turns out I was one of the the dopes that put CCW in the earlier thread! Sorry! ( I went back and corrected it!)

Man I wish I would have seen your correction about a week ago! So has anybody reported on the performance of this change if the timing will be slightly off? Im not looking to mod, just ride and probably sell about halfway through the summer so I can find an "end of the season" deal for next year. Ok it was at the 7ish position, now its probably around 3 lol. So reset to the original position, then 2 additional holes clockwise? The trigger wheel is the only one that needs to be rotated, correct?

beerdart: Going from 12 to 7 would be for using an 05 crank in an 06 motor, correct? Since im opposite of that, I would need to go right or clockwise as per rear view. Right? Just trying to get this clear in my head so hopefully it will be the last time I have to take the motor out.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I think I have it figured out now...we'll see by this weekend!

Yeah, it would be going from 11 to 7 to put an 05 crank in an '06 motor. But it is going from 7 to 11 to put the 06 into the 05, as you said. And you are right; your toothed wheel locating hole right now is sitting at about 3 0'clock with #3 at TDC. Should be at 11. Sorry again for putting the wrong way in that earlier post!

+1
    Crap my bad disregard my post (deleted)I was thinking backwards..

Yes to use an 06+ with and 05- PTO you need to rotate it to the right CW two bolt holes. The trigger pin on the 05- should be aprox 12:00 and the 06+ trigger should be aprox 7:00.

Ok, thanks for all the help guys! I will jump on this first thing tomorrow and hopefully have it fired up sometime this weekend

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    You moved the toothed wheel the wrong direction. To use a 06 crank, you pull the pin and rotate the toothed wheel 2 bolt holes clockwise (not CCW)
    This is correct.

Thread Information