Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Decided what to do with my ultra 260x

I have had nothing but probs with my 09 ultra 260x. From being stranded to now it completely not starting I am done. So I'm going to either trade it in or sell it and get a 15f. I know I won't be going as fast or thru the chop as well, but I will be going anytime I want to use the ski and not be worrying about getting stuck. Just too many probs/maintenance on the 260x

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    I have had nothing but probs with my 09 ultra 260x. From being stranded to now it completely not starting I am done. So I'm going to either trade it in or sell it and get a 15f. I know I won't be going as fast or thru the chop as well, but I will be going anytime I want to use the ski and not be worrying about getting stuck. Just too many probs/maintenance on the 260x
    Sorry to hear that you've given up on the 260
    I dont blame you. You have persisted longer than most would have.
    I know first hand what it's like to have problems with your ski.
    Great to hear your sticking with the K brand

Maybe you should test ride a 300

+1
    I would def test ride one, I'm sure someone will buy one in my crew. I just want something bulletproof, I don't want anything with a blower. But I will test drive someone's

+1
    The 15f was pretty much the king of offshore before the ultra came along wasn't it?

+1
    The 15f was pretty much the king of offshore before the ultra came along wasn't it?
    your spot on with the 15f being bullit proof.
    I hate to type this official but Im in the prosess of getting one for the wife. No offence to you though

+1
    Lol all good bro. I'm just hoping to get on the water at all this year I'm up in the hospital totaled my mustang on Friday and had to get some screws and plates put in my hip

+1
    No offense here, but if I were in your shoes and decided to give up on the Ultra... I would give the VXR a hard look before going with the 15F. I've owned a 15F; have yet to ride the VXR, but my buddies is sitting in my garage (alongside the wife's 300X) begging for a break-in! Then again, what do I know? I ride a PX!

+1
    I need to do some research and find out which is going to be better in the rough stuff. Also, how does the storage compare on the vxr to the 15f?

+1
    Vxr has 15 gallons of storage vs the 15f's 25. Thats a deal breaker for me. Staying kawi

+1
    As I remember it the storage is close... maybe a bit more on the 15F. Rough is the real question on the VXR's, and I can't help you 'cause I haven't ridden one yet. My opinion of the 15F in the rough was that it didn't have a real SOFT ride... but it did stay hooked up very well and therefore could keep a very decent pace in the rough with much faster boats. VXR is gonna be way faster in the flats... that's for sure. The VXR is a sizeable craft, and looking at the specs only... you would think it would be ok in the chop... but time will tell. Price is gonna be a consideration when it comes to these two skis also...

Whatever you decide, I hope unlike the 260, you have nothing but good luck with Your new ride! Keep us posted!

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Vxr has 15 gallons of storage vs the 15f's 25. Thats a deal breaker for me. Staying kawi
    I hear Ya! On the other hand.... VXR will have 4-5 mph on the 15. Torturous decision.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information