PWC Engine aka Advanced Engine Machining

I've got a 1200 PV engine that needs rebuilt from my 2001 XLT. I've done some research and these guys might be my best bet. For $1,300 they will rebuild the engine. So for ~$1,500 figuring about $100 shipping each way they will replace my crankshaft, sleeve the jugs and install pistons. They even throw in wave-eater style clips and a 2 year warranty. Anybody have experience with them, if so please share? Here is a link what I found when I disassembled my engine.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...pair-Questions

Thanks for any input,
    Sympster

+1
    I believe they are similar to SBT and should be avoided. I don't have any experience with them but buyer beware. Companies likes these often use inferior parts to OEM or do not rebuild to the same tolerances.

+1
    Hey guys
    I have used ShortblocksRus.com for 13 years in my shop late year alone over 50 shortblocks and well over 100 cranks and love working with them.
    I will say there are rebuilders out there that are cheap and that is not always good if you read the fine print like on your Yam 1200r Advanced Engine Machining is only rebuilding the crank and puting in new cylinders and or replacing only what is bad (its not a total rebuild) You get what you pay for.

If you call or email ShortBlocksRus.com and tell them your a Hulkster they have a 10% discount and Free Return shipping in the lower 48 states.

I used PWC engine to rebuild my 2000 XL 1200. I am very happy with the motor and service. And yes I got back the same motor I sent. SBT will just pull one off the shelf and send it on. I'm not saying anything bad about SBT because I did not use them. Just keep asking questions and make up your own mind thats what I did.

Thanks for the input. I'm still considering rebuilding it myself. Does anybody have a nice low hour OEM crank?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sympster View Post
    Thanks for the input. I'm still considering rebuilding it myself. Does anybody have a nice low hour OEM crank?
    That is the heart of the rebuild and the engine.....saving money here is false economy. Do it the right way. Go new here and it will reward you for years...

Thread Information