Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New ski noisy at the rear

Hello- My 1st post to the hulk. I am a new sea doo owner. My wife and I got a 2010 GTI 130 and 2009 RXP 215. We took them out for the first time and had a blast. I do have one question...On the 130, there is a rattly type noise in the rear/pump area that starts at 25 mph and up.It started right out of box, first time up to speed. It goes away when I make a turn left or right. Sound like something is lose but Im not sure. I bet I wont get any satisfaction from the dealer when I go in for the 10 hr service. Any advice? Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by goat1969 View Post
    Hello- My 1st post to the hulk. I am a new sea doo owner. My wife and I got a 2010 GTI 130 and 2009 RXP 215. We took them out for the first time and had a blast. I do have one question...On the 130, there is a rattly type noise in the rear/pump area that starts at 25 mph and up.It started right out of box, first time up to speed. It goes away when I make a turn left or right. Sound like something is lose but Im not sure. I bet I wont get any satisfaction from the dealer when I go in for the 10 hr service. Any advice? Thanks
    Check to be sure all the pump bolts are tight at the back of the ski. They should be tight with no hrs on the ski but you never know. Check around inside the ski for anything loose or something vibrating against the hull. I have heard slight strange sounding noises at lower speeds due to water being processed throught the pump with what sounds like a slight bit of air passing through the pump with the water, kinda like a slight pinging/poping noise, usually heard at about 25 mph and in smooth water (that would be normal).

First, welcome to the forum. This is a great place for anything you might want to know about your machines. I know on the older 2 stroke skis the pumps did rattle at idle, but I don't think a new 4tec should rattle. Touch base with your dealer. Did you (without the ski running) grab all the components in the rear of the ski? Grab the paddles on the sides of the ski, the OPAS paddles and see if they might be the culprit. Others with more knowledge than me will chime in, they're just not out of bed yet. Do you have a 69 GTO? TJCIN

+1
    OPAS paddles. No question!!

No I wish I had an old goat. i had a chance to buy one but wussed out. Thanks for the advice!

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Thanks for the advice...ill check all of the fasteners...

OPAS paddles. No question!!
    OPAS doesn't move up and down on the GTIs. Just the other 3 seaters.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    OPAS doesn't move up and down on the GTIs. Just the other 3 seaters.
    I never said they moved up and down. It's the paddles. They still move if they aren't tight enough.

+1

Welcome to the forum!!!!
    Your just 120 miles north of me.

As others posted something is probably loose.

Where did you ride?
    If you ever get down to Allen Henry, hollar and i would be glad to look at your ski for you.

Went to Foss lake in oklahoma. Will be going to Ute lake in NM to finish up the 10 hrs. ill look you up when we head to alan henry. Ive been crappie fishing there but havent rode in that lake. thanks!

+1
    Went to Foss lake in oklahoma. Will be going to Ute lake in NM to finish up the 10 hrs. ill look you up when we head to alan henry. Ive been crappie fishing there but havent rode in that lake. thanks!
    When are you going to Ute? i live about 1.5hrs from there. i will tell you now that once you get these ski's in you bloodstream its hard to not think about anything else. pm me if you wanna......btw like your avatar lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information