Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    MaxxCooperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    95

    VXR initial break in? & Crappy east coast weather :( !

    Can't get a break on these chilly rainy days over here in the northeast!!! quik question are you guys following the yamaha manual on your "initial break in's" of the 1.8 yam motors, ? Or are ya cycling it low hi low hi, keeping rpm's under 4k? for a hour or so..


    (followed the manual for my 06 vx deluxe)great ski never a problem..


  2. #2
    i know sunday is easter. but most likely gonna drop in for a few hours in the mourning with a few ppl. more then welcome to join us. just gonna ride the mayslanding river/back bays. drop in at shadycreek marina. off of somerpoint mayslanding road.

  3. #3
    MaxxCooperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwarrior View Post
    i know sunday is easter. but most likely gonna drop in for a few hours in the mourning with a few ppl. more then welcome to join us. just gonna ride the mayslanding river/back bays. drop in at shadycreek marina. off of somerpoint mayslanding road.
    definitely appreciate the invite/offer,, sunday does look the better of the days, will pm you sunday morn.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxCooperman View Post
    definitely appreciate the invite/offer,, sunday does look the better of the days, will pm you sunday morn.
    k. prob gonna dropin around 10-11am for a few hours.

  5. #5
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,046
    +1
    180
    I did WOT since minute one. Going on three hours now with no issues, Julio...

  6. #6
    MaxxCooperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    I did WOT since minute one. Going on three hours now with no issues, Julio...
    good info. thnx!

  7. #7
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    does anyone know if this motors are tested before they are installed ????????? most manufactures prerun their motors on a stand to make sure their going to be good, have pil pressure, no noise etc and they are usually run under a full throttle load.

  8. #8
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    does anyone know if this motors are tested before they are installed ????????? most manufactures prerun their motors on a stand to make sure their going to be good, have pil pressure, no noise etc and they are usually run under a full throttle load.
    Surely they run them on a stand right after production and before they are put into a ski.

  9. #9
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    does anyone know if this motors are tested before they are installed ????????? most manufactures prerun their motors on a stand to make sure their going to be good, have pil pressure, no noise etc and they are usually run under a full throttle load.
    I know a lot of motorcycle companies hydrologically turn over their engines.

  10. #10
    oi812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    126
    After my ride yesterday I found water in the hull, waterbox hose clamp was barely tight. Hope thats the prob. Im Going with the riva exhaust, Julios ski sound sick!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Maintenance after break in - 2012 Yamaha VXR
    By SpeedDemon99 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-07-2016, 10:02 AM
  2. WTB - Parts WTB 2005 - GP 1300 seat complete in mint condition - east coast area
    By Mark 70 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-22-2014, 11:02 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 04:39 AM
  4. WTB Yamaha FZR in east coast
    By RNX in forum Yamaha 4 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
  5. does any 1 kno mike from east coast power sports in manorville long island
    By smoked134134 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •