Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Boat check

Question New Boat check

Hey,

that might sound dumb, but how do I check that the SeaDoo boat I'm going to pick up is totally new, and havent been used as showroom boat or test drive boat? What to check and what to look for when I get to see it ?
    The reason I'm asking is cause we dont have official dealer over my place, only some kind of authorized reseller, so I dont really trust what they tell me, I want to be sure myself?

pls advise

Den

put the key on the DESS post & it should show you the hours on the guage cluster.....they would have to change the ECU to alter that number. most dealers will start and run the ski as part of the delivery test.....most use the hose.....but some dealers like mine have a big tank they dip the ski in to run it......but your hour meter should still read 0 hours.....good luck with your new ski! make sure you replace the super charger washers with metal ones ASAP.
    Last edited by TorquePhoto; 11-22-2006 at 07:33 PM.

Hey Den, I would look for the obvious, items like: markings found on hull, prop, jet pump, if there is an hour meter, check that.
    If the selling dealer is willing to let you bring boat to BRP dealer to have Buds hooked up...
    check oil condition, smell and look into exhaust outlet if possible. wipe your finger in the outlet to see if there is residue or soot present. Check out the engine compartment for leaks, oil, tampered items, clamps, hoses etc. The battery sticker might be dated... look at engine hardware/bolts to see if anything was replaced or removed...
    look under seats, storage compartment for dirt, mold, soap residue etc...
    is the fuel tank full, half, or empty... and on and on!...hope this helps ya!...PR...

thanks guys for fast responses they give me starting ideas.

I told the seller guy to keep the boat as it comes from factory so I can store it over the winter with all the packaging and do the delivery test/first service in spring. Does anyone know what kind of protective packing should be on the boat?

Seo-Doos come in a wooden crate with a special cribe inside that bolts the boat down via the front eye & the rear loops. Most dealers I have seen will remove the crate right away, but keep the boat on the cribing as it is fork liftable in the cribe & easy to move around.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomRXP View Post
    thanks guys for fast responses they give me starting ideas.

I told the seller guy to keep the boat as it comes from factory so I can store it over the winter with all the packaging and do the delivery test/first service in spring. Does anyone know what kind of protective packing should be on the boat?

When i went to go look/purchase mine they had to open the wood crate for me to see it still had the plastic around the whole ski. They got it the day i bought it.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Seadoo BOATS come from the factory shrink wrapped.... that'd be one helliuva crate on a sport boat

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    should have a white shrink wrap over the top of the whole boat

The steering and top hood must still be bolted to the rest of the ski.It will have no fuel in (do not run the pump with out fuel).The battery is not connected.The are small stickers on the side with barcodes on them that still should be there.Most stickers will still have them covering over them.

Thanks, again, everybody. I have to make it clearer after rereading the posts - it is sport boat not ski, if it makes any difference to my question.
    Ok, if the boat is not shrink wrapped? whats covered ? Seats? Steering wheel? Should be there any film on the wind deflectors? Do the engines come with oil in them from factory or the dealer must put it in during the initial service? What about coolant?
    Pardon me for so many questions it is my first boat and I really want to make sure it didnt sit at reseller for 7 month being used,as I've said previously, as showroom example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information