Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: S/C Help?

S/C Help?

So I installed a viton seal on my B-kit it has 0 hrs. on a 08 rebuild kit. When I pull back on the shaft and turn the wheel it will scrape and if you push forward on it and spin it will not scrape? maybe bearings? we had to heat up the shaft the get the wheel off becouse some dummy put RED lock tite all over the shaft Could of it warped the wheel?

I bought this second hand by the way... and I was told the slip was set a 205 inch lbs. when we checked it was 138 inch lbs.

+1
    Did you forget to put the o-ring/shim under the wheel?

Nope o-ring in place

did you release pressure on the clutch side first before you removed the wheel?

No we did not what would that do?

Hey N8T- That charger was at 205 in/lbs.. period. I've got in my notes bro...

I used a 200+ dollar rolling torque wrench to check it. Mcmaster spring washers and Rive clutch washers. It would not just loosen up, and on top of that on a complete fresh rebuild applying those parts would never yield a slip so low unless you left parts out, which I did not.

I hope you get it back to where it should be... OH--red loctite is your friend on that front shaft bolt.

there is a chance that when you pulled the nut off of the wheel, the collar on the otherside separated from the shaft, especially since you applied heat to it. if that happened, the shaft would have moved closer to the washer side resulting in the rubbing problem you are describing. did you check the slip before or after you removed the front wheel? if you remove the spring washers and the outside clutch washer, you can see if the collar has separated from the shaft.

We checked it with two torque wrenhs one being a new $400 snap-on and they both read the same thing 138 in/lbs I have no reason to lie. But Im not trying to bash anyone you gave me a great deal on a great charger I just want to get it right, any advice? I just thought you were supose to use blue lock tite on the nut this had red lock tite all over the shaft and the wheel was STUCK to the shaft it took 2 hrs. to get off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    We checked it with two torque wrenhs one being a new $400 snap-on and they both read the same thing 138 in/lbs I have no reason to lie. But Im not trying to bash anyone you gave me a great deal on a great charger I just want to get it right, any advice? I just thought you were supose to use blue lock tite on the nut this had red lock tite all over the shaft and the wheel was STUCK to the shaft it took 2 hrs. to get off.
    No you do NOT use blue loctite on the impellor side, you use red,Red on both nuts torqued to 22 Ft LBS..The reason some guys put red ,loctite on the shaft is to help keep the impellor from spinning on the shaft during hard on and off throttle apps...Only way to get it off is to heat the shit out of it...make sure you didnt melt or distort the O-ring behind the Sc wheel, i would replace that being you had to heat it up that hot..

Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    f

I don't know what to tell you N8T- I can tell you slip was dead on using Valvoline 20/50 to coat the washers before each slip test. I used upper quality tools, both torque and charger holder tools to preform the test. Blue locktite might be fine to use on the front nut, but I was told to use red..

I have no advice to give you as to what to you've got going on now... but I really hope you get it back to where it was....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information