Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Might dump my 260x for a VXR

My 09 260x has been a pos ever since I got it. It has 24 hours on it now, has left me stranded twice and now won't start. Good thing I got the 5 year warranty! So anyways I am done with it and was thinking 15f but now am leaning towards the vxr. So how are they in the rough stuff? Do you guys like the ski? Any problems so far? Is there enough storage? Are there any mods it NEEDS before it hits the water?

+1
    I haven't ridden an VXR but I would think an FX-SHO would be more like your Kawi.

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I haven't ridden an VXR but I would think an FX-SHO would be more like your Kawi.
    Not to mention you should be able to get a killer deal on a SHO since so much focus is always on the newer models. Nothing wrong with a SHO at all.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    There are a lot of good deals on 09's and 10's. Sho or FZR/S if you are a bigger/heavier guy might be a better choice.

+1
    If I'm gonna get another blown ski, it will be a 300x. I have kind of narrowed it down to the vxr or 300x. I weigh about 265 and am 6'5. I do still rock my wave venture and wave raider no prob. I want to know if the vxr slices thru the chop or kind of just rides on top of it and smacks the waves. If anyone is in ny and would let me test ride one, beer and everything is on me all day!

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    If I'm gonna get another blown ski, it will be a 300x. I have kind of narrowed it down to the vxr or 300x. I weigh about 265 and am 6'5. I do still rock my wave venture and wave raider no prob. I want to know if the vxr slices thru the chop or kind of just rides on top of it and smacks the waves. If anyone is in ny and would let me test ride one, beer and everything is on me all day!
    I just ran my VXS for the first time yesterday. I will post up my impressions later. The wind chop I was in was 1'-2' with some larger rollers. At WOT the ski would "dance" on top of the waves, and like you said "smack" a few. The faster you go, the better the results. Smaller chop 1' or less was no issue. I am 6' and 185lbs. If I rode at cruising speed in the bigger chop, it was WET and not really a fun ride, but the two guys with me on FZ's were feeling the same pain.

+1
    So it's sounding like the 300x might be the way to go

I haven't ridden either one, but the 260x weighs 300 lbs. more than the VXR. I would imagine that huge weight difference has got to work in the 260x's favor in bad chop.

Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    My 09 260x has been a pos ever since I got it. It has 24 hours on it now, has left me stranded twice and now won't start. Good thing I got the 5 year warranty! So anyways I am done with it and was thinking 15f but now am leaning towards the vxr. So how are they in the rough stuff? Do you guys like the ski? Any problems so far? Is there enough storage? Are there any mods it NEEDS before it hits the water?

+1
    but the two guys with me on FZ's were feeling the same pain.
    yep it was not fun anytime you lose a beer due to the ice punching a hole in the can it is to ruff for me

if the only water I had to ride in was ruff water I would get the 300x no question but I have rivers and ride during the week so its usually smooth water thast why I got a FZ

I really did like the VXS and I thought it handled the ruff water fairly well it will be a good ski to have

vxr/s or kawi ....hmmmmmmmm,,? go yamaha.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information