Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Half Power / Stalling?!

2007 250x 36hrs

I took my ski out today after installing a new battery since the old one was dying.

It turned on without a problem but when I put it in the water (I keep it on a float), it felt like it was ridding a bit rough and vibrating too much.
    I gave it some gas and it had a deep growl and didn't rev up too freely. I though it was because I didn't let it warm up, so I rode around slowly for a few minutes then tried to open it up. I went full throttle, but it felt like it had half power and only reved up to 5k RPM and barely got up to 30mph on the speedo. Boost was all the way up, but it was stuck at 30mph and ~5k RPM as if I had the SLO key in.

It did this for a few times, then it would feel as if it would break out of this phase and 90% power was restored. I could hear the supercharger whine up, and I was accelerating and doing 50-53mph (completely flat calm water). Then when I would let off, same shit; it would go back to half power and only 30mph. This repeated over and over for a good 15-20 minutes till I gave up and returned. home.
    When idling, it would stall very easily. I could turn it on but needed to give it some throttle to get it going or else it would stall again.

Any ideas what would cause this?
    It was riding perfectly fine a few days ago with the old battery even though I kept getting a 'BAT' warning since it sat on that battery all winter.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

To add some more, when the ski is on the float, it runs normally and revs freely.
    When it's in the water is sounds like something is preventing it from reving. I can't even hear the supercharger whine up when it revs to 5k only.
    Then is snaps out of it and rides like nothing happened.

Plugs or coil(s)

Quote Originally Posted by halfassjack View Post
    Plugs or coil(s)

Wow didn't know they could cause such specific problems since it would run fine after a while.

Thanks for the reply!

+1
    plugs 100%

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    plugs 100%
    Thank you.

I'm going to bring it in tomorrow since it's still under warranty and I'd rather save that $$ as mod money.

+1
    good luck obtaining plugs under warranty lmao

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.5 View Post
    2007 250x 36hrs

I took my ski out today after installing a new battery since the old one was dying.

It turned on without a problem but when I put it in the water (I keep it on a float), it felt like it was ridding a bit rough and vibrating too much.
    I gave it some gas and it had a deep growl and didn't rev up too freely. I though it was because I didn't let it warm up, so I rode around slowly for a few minutes then tried to open it up. I went full throttle, but it felt like it had half power and only reved up to 5k RPM and barely got up to 30mph on the speedo. Boost was all the way up, but it was stuck at 30mph and ~5k RPM as if I had the SLO key in.

It did this for a few times, then it would feel as if it would break out of this phase and 90% power was restored. I could hear the supercharger whine up, and I was accelerating and doing 50-53mph (completely flat calm water). Then when I would let off, same shit; it would go back to half power and only 30mph. This repeated over and over for a good 15-20 minutes till I gave up and returned. home.
    When idling, it would stall very easily. I could turn it on but needed to give it some throttle to get it going or else it would stall again.

Any ideas what would cause this?
    It was riding perfectly fine a few days ago with the old battery even though I kept getting a 'BAT' warning since it sat on that battery all winter.

Thanks in advance.
    You said vibrating, i reckon pump shaft bearing or berarings shit themselves.

+1
    could be, but some people explain a vibration like hesitation still think one plug is down

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    good luck obtaining plugs under warranty lmao
    I guess I expect too much from kawasaki.

Isn't a spark plug supposed to last around 100 hours?
    The only plug that was replaced on my car and low milage (13k miles) was done under warranty. I would think it's the same concept since plugs are not supposed to fail this early..?

The ski was running rough. The RPM was stuttering which could have resulted in the vibration. The first time I took it out, it hesitated when accelerating, but it was nothing like this. Now it was only going up to 30mph and I didn't hear the supercharger whine up at all.
    Then it would break out of this phase and I would hear the supercharger as well as get up to 50+ mph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information