Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remanfucatured 4tec engine

Needing to replace engine in my 2003 sc gtx. Have been looking at pwcengines.com in new york. Has anyone had any dealings with this shop? Thank chad

+1
    I haven't heard anything about them. What is wrong with the engine? Info? pics? Might be easier to rebuild if not too bad.

BTW - welcome to the forum. A wealth of knowledge on here.

Haven't took head off of motor yet but broke cases apart and know that the main bearings are shot but crank didn't appear to be hurt, but haven't measured them to see actual size or out of roundness. Bought ski second hand and don't know what else could be wrong at this moment. Motor appears to have been worked on before so that kind of scares me. Ski only has 110 hrs on it but the inside of hull was covered in oil by the time i put back on trailer after first ride.

+1
    I would vote yes on it being toast. Look in the classifieds, there are a few for sale in there.

I was down at SBT a while back and they where testing a 4-Tec engine getting ready to go out. I a very impressed with there operation, worth checking out... Shopsbt.com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDooPro - Dennis View Post
    I was down at SBT a while back and they where testing a 4-Tec engine getting ready to go out. I a very impressed with there operation, worth checking out... Shopsbt.com
    Not disagreeing with your expertise Dennis, but the general thought about SBT is not good. Many people have had issues with SBT engines and other SBT parts. I have never personally experienced it, just been advised by people who have. I would say do your own research and make the best informed decision.

A lot of people say the same thing about Seadoo

+1
    you may want to look up www.pwcli.com. There is no question Steve can help you get things resolved.

+1
    I have heard alot of negative things about sbt engines as well. I bought a 951 from them and a 720 and I never had a issue with either one. I know that they are two strokes so it is not the same but like I said I have never had a problem. But like others have said I have heard of others having a bad experience. I think part of what gives them a bad name is that they weld the cases if they are broken. It seems like alot of people dont really approve of that.

If you have the expertise it might be an option to just rebuild the engine you have, the crankshaft can be machined if neccessary and u just run oversize bearings which are available even from sbt. If u rebuild yourself u can replace every gasket and seal/oring and be garunteed not to have any oil leaks if that is your concern..the possibilities are endless and affordable if you have the time to do the job yourself..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information