Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1

VXS First Ride Impression

Picked up my VXS on Friday from Mid-State Motorsports in Tennessee. If anyone wants to meet and deal with some great people...go there. Awesome and fun to deal with. Great deals on skiis and bikes. Thank you Ron, Eric, and Cindy.
    Ok, I was invited to ride on a lake near Nashville, normally a calm and smooth lake I am told. My friend Scott apologized several times but we were going to test the VXS no matter what. The wind and mother nature had other ideas and was kicking up some really good chop of one and two footers with some larger rollers.
    The VXS/R has often been compared to larger and heavier "cruiser" class pwc's. I think that is a wrong comparison because the VX should be in the "sport" class.
    What the VXS is,,,,is a quick handling and fun to ride sport boat. Wide open runs in the heavy chop the VX "danced" on top of the waves but needed your attention if you hit a wave at a large angle. Reaction to body language is quick and responsive. Changing directions is like a go cart on water. Think about it and you turn. Quickly. Hook up in those conditions was as good as anything I have ever ridden. Stock plate and grate of course, and aftermarket bolt ons should help improve the directional stabliity. If you like to ride aggressive, then you need to ride the VXR/S. This is getting long... so the bottom line what you get.
    Quick handling, good acceleration, good stabilty (it is a 3 passenger), minimum storage, and most of all a blast to ride. I like it....

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Congrats on the new ski Chuck
    Thanks for the informative review.

+1
    Cool deal. Did you have your mind made up to get this before, or did seeing Jerrys at Mini Mudbug do it for you?

Cool, looks like itz gonna be bout 75 here on Tuesday so Imma run over to the dealership and pick mine up first thing in the morning....... I too chose the S model....i like the black......

Congratz

Looks like I just might go to MudBug .............

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Cool deal. Did you have your mind made up to get this before, or did seeing Jerrys at Mini Mudbug do it for you?
    Seeing Jerry's made my mind up on the VXS. I like the VXS seat better.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by itzmunch View Post
    Cool, looks like itz gonna be bout 75 here on Tuesday so Imma run over to the dealership and pick mine up first thing in the morning....... I too chose the S model....i like the black......

Congratz

Looks like I just might go to MudBug .............
    Cool !! I like the black even though I said I was not going to get another black ski. You and Brian can ride down together.
    Chuck
    Last edited by maxadrenaline; 04-24-2011 at 06:02 AM. Reason: pic

+1
    Come on down munch. Do you know this guy....lol

Congrats on the new jet!! The Riva air intake should get you 3-4mph!! Did you get a chance to gps it at wot?

+1
    [QUOTE=maxadrenaline;1677224]Picked up my VXS on Friday from Mid-State Motorsports in Tennessee. If anyone wants to meet and deal with some great people...go there. Awesome and fun to deal with. Great deals on skiis and bikes. Thank you Ron, Eric, and Cindy.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have bought skis from Mid-State Motorsports in Cookeville Tennessee they are good people to deal with. Give them a call for your Yamaha, Kaw. ski needs. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TennR600 View Post
    Congrats on the new jet!! The Riva air intake should get you 3-4mph!! Did you get a chance to gps it at wot?
    Thanks Roy. This VXS is a blast to whip around. Next time I get thru with my ski, we should get you on the VX for a run or two. Planning on getting some base line numbers on Sunday. Then do some mod stuff....
    Chuck

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    Thanks Chad. Did you get your SC wheel installed yet. Let us know about the runs..
    Chuck

congratzz !

Munch see u out there on tues....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information