+1

2004 FX HO Buzzer issue and overheating question

Hey Guys,

I am now a little ticked off as why my buzzer does not go off as the manual says. The warning light comes on but I don't hear buzzer. I was flushing my ski on the timer water today and did not notice water has stopped, I probably over shot it by a minute or so. Went on the ski and saw the warning light and the water warning on the panel but no damn buzzer!

The manual says I should hear intermittent buzzer and then continuous buzzer. I do have loud and clear beeping sounds when using the remote so I don't think I have sound issues unless the buzzer is a separate unit!

Have I turned it off somehow? Would it have come on if it ran for a longer time and got even hotter? (I very much doubt that)

Any help is appreciated!

And one more thing, when I saw that happened I did not turn off the ski, instead I opened the water back on immediately which resulted in some steam coming out from the starboard pisser which means the first part of the water that go around the engine got evaporated immediately. Then I thought about it and now I am worried if I cracked a cylinder head or something because I might have cooled it down too fast. I am sure I will find out next time I ride but your input is appreciated!

I just changed the oil in case I got the oil too hot!

Thanks guys!

If you only ran it for a minute with no water at idle you should not have hurt anything. My 04 was run for about 3min with no water. (there was a lizard in the hose that got stuck in the hose adaptor that prevented water from leaving the hose into the engine) The over heat buzzer never alarmed then. I have sence put 70+ hours on the jet with no problems. You will get steam from the pissers while on the hose. That also is not necessary bad. As for the buzzer I dont know how to test them yet, never had a problem. Does the buzzer work for low fuel? If it does I bet the over heat buzzer never went off. Let me know if find a problem. Always like to learn about these jets.

Roy

+1
    Hi Roy,

The buzzer does not come on for the low fuel either! It just blinks that and warning light comes on.

I am wondering if there is a setting on this? I really need this to work as when I ride, I hardly can focus on the gauge in choppy water!

Thanks for the reply man!

then you must have a buzzer gone bad!! It should beep very loudly when the low fuel starts blinking. Loud enough to startle you. Very audible at wot. It should continue to beep until you touch any of the meeter buttons then silence and the icon on the meeter should continue to blink until the engine is shut off and restarted. It will then beep again unless you have fixed the problem, ie put fuel in the tank. I dont know where the buzzer is. Just looked in the service manual. the buzzer is cylindrical in shape it has a red and black wire coming from it. To test the buzzer apply 12volts to the wires. No buzz=replace. The wire from the harness should be blue/red and black/blue. The diagram shows the buzzer to be located directly below the handle bars. I looked on my 07 and did not see it above the fuel tank. I bet its under the top cowlings under the steering bezel or in that area. I have seen the buzzers on ebay before. I checked and I dont have one in my parts pile for these jets. You might have to remove or loosen the top cover (underneath the reverse and hood open levers are) to find the buzzer. the two side panels are not hard to remove like 3 or 4 bolts. You can probably see under the top cover by removing them.

I have never seen or heard anything about any ability to turn off warning buzzers!

Just checked ebay. This guy is way over priced!!!! check ebay auction # 170526447198 It has a part # listed. check the part # against your jet. I bet someone on G H will have one they could sell cheap.

Hope this helps

Roy

+1
    Roy,

Thanks so much for the info and checking into stuff! I wish I had seen this sooner but anyways, I did all of that. The buzzer is in such awkward place man!

I did remove the buzzer and it has gone bad!
    My 04 buzzer part number is different than all other later models, my luck! I think it has to do with the way mine is being mounted. I ordered through powersportsplus online. I hope they have in stock and ship it to me so I can install end of this week.

I ran my ski on the water for 12 minutes, it sounds fine and I am praying I did not overheat it LONG to have caused damages!

I even compression tested it warm and it showed 210, 208, 210 and 209. Cold was lower in the range of 200 to 205.

Buzzer is extremely important for me as when I ride 70-90 miles in a day in the ocean, I hardly ever look at my screen. I have to have the buzzer to alert me!

You're the man for going to get all this info!

Thread Information