Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

In Need of an Expert opinion

Hey Guys,

i have FZR 2010 and i have just bought some parts for it, i need to know if iam missing any part that is needed.

RIVA:
    1) RIVA Stock Intercooler Upgrade Kit.
    2) RIVA FX-SHO/FZ Performance Blow-off Valve Kit
    3) RIVA Yamaha 1.8L Engine Breather Upgrade Kit
    4) RIVA FX-SHO/FZ B1 Supercharger Impeller 11.5 PSI
    5) RIVA Heavy Duty Supercharger Shaft Kit For YAM FX-SHO/FZ
    6) RIVA FF Exhaust Kit

R/D:
    1) R&D YAMAHA SHO/FZR ENGINE / INTERCOOLER COOLING KIT
    2) R&D Power Core Intake Manfiold Sleeve (intake manifold upgrade)
    3) R&D SHO/FZR PRO COMP. COOL AIR FILTER KIT

please i need to know if iam missing somthing or not, also i live in Dubai and the temp. here is very hot and our beach is full of waves, it makes my jetski jumps so much, please provide me with information to make my ride better

Thanks alot.
    FiGO

Two things that I can think of R&D ecu reflash, you are going to be all over the rev limiter. And you are going to need an impeller more than likely. good luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kumba23 View Post
    Two things that I can think of R&D ecu reflash, you are going to be all over the rev limiter. And you are going to need an impeller more than likely. good luck
    +1 on a ECU and prop. I would recommend a R2 reflash. Not 100% sure on the prop for 155mm.

ohhh i forgot to mention that i do have the Impeller, Solas DynaFly; R-series, Thanks Kumba for remaining me

Guys,

What about the R&D Intake Grate and the Ride Plate, its that important ??

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    +1 on a ECU and prop. I would recommend a R2 reflash. Not 100% sure on the prop for 155mm.
    Thanks Mike, i going for R2 i guess but i need to know if my FZR engine will not be affected at all, i am looking for Medium Power, great performance, enjoyin ride, but not to go extreme. By the way, i have the boost clamp as well, will it be enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by bio_qassem View Post
    ohhh i forgot to mention that i do have the Impeller, Solas DynaFly; R-series, Thanks Kumba for remaining me

Guys,

What about the R&D Intake Grate and the Ride Plate, its that important ??[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------
    yes the intake grate and ride plate is a must!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bio_qassem View Post

Guys,

What about the R&D Intake Grate and the Ride Plate, its that important ??

Thanks Mike, i going for R2 i guess but i need to know if my FZR engine will not be affected at all, i am looking for Medium Power, great performance, enjoyin ride, but not to go extreme. By the way, i have the boost clamp as well, will it be enough ?
    If your gonna be doing a reflash then there is no need for a boost clamp. Also the ride plate and intake grate is needed big time. Some serious handling and MPH would be left on the table if you don't do that and not to mention at the speeds you will be going you will get bucked off if your using the stock intake grate, and trust me taking a swim at 75+ MPH is not nice. Also another thing I do recommend is that you not go with the stock intercooler upgrade. If you don't have enough cash ATM to buy an aftermarket intercooler then I suggest you wait because with the B1 wheel I'm sure that intercooler is gonna get heat soaked pretty quickly. Look into the RIVA Powercooler. But other wise for a comservative tune I think your doing excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    If your gonna be doing a reflash then there is no need for a boost clamp. Also the ride plate and intake grate is needed big time. Some serious handling and MPH would be left on the table if you don't do that and not to mention at the speeds you will be going you will get bucked off if your using the stock intake grate, and trust me taking a swim at 75+ MPH is not nice. Also another thing I do recommend is that you not go with the stock intercooler upgrade. If you don't have enough cash ATM to buy an aftermarket intercooler then I suggest you wait because with the B1 wheel I'm sure that intercooler is gonna get heat soaked pretty quickly. Look into the RIVA Powercooler. But other wise for a comservative tune I think your doing excellent.
    Well, Riva power cooler is expensive but if its needed, then its a must. specially down here, in summer the temp. goes up to 43 C, well my plan is to test and see, and power cooler is number 1 on my new list. on the other hand, what you said about the intake grate is for me amazing thats what i need. i know if i install that R&D Grate, my jet will be hocked up with the water and i really do not want that. let me test the GPS speed and i will update you guys and see. Thanks

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Figo, welcome to the forum, finally you joined ... I told that you will difenetly need the intake grate ... I won't stop to check on you if you got bucked off ...

+1
    adding an intake grate is a MUST DO item - it is a safety issue

there is no down side to adding an intake grate

but without a grate the ski will buck and you will go flying at 70+ mph !

[QUOTE=FZR AD;1677538]Figo, welcome to the forum, finally you joined ... I told that you will difenetly need the intake grate ... I won't stop to check on you if you got bucked off ...[/QUOTE

hahahaaaaaaaa, i wont dude, you know am a good driver, and flyer as well )

well let me try it this weekend and see then, i dont know why i have a good feeling tells me not to install that shit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information