Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LX seat

+1

LX seat

I was wondering if I can get an opinion on the seats on the LX. I have never ridden a ski with this style seat. For the people that have ridden on both styles of seat. I am asking because my LX is still not in and I am thinking about just getting the X on the floor and adding the bar pad for the GPS.

+1
    Hi

That's exactly what I ordered but only because I had to have a green Kawasaki and then I added all the bits to hold the gps on the handlebars like the 300lx, theirs about 5 or 6 parts you will need to order if you want to convert the bars on a standard 300x to 300lx. I have also purchased the latest Garmin GPSMAP 78cs gps and hope it fits as the 76 is now an old model (76 is what Kawasaki recommend using). Sorry I can't comment on the seats of the 300lx!

regards,

OZFXSHO

Hello,

I really like the LX seats. Matter of fact the weekend before last we had both the 250X-2007 and the 300 LX out on the lake and the first think my son and his girlfriend ask was if we can get an LX seat for the 250X. I like the LX seat. just my .02.

Cheers,

Joe

I have put in quite a few hours on Ultra LX, riding solo and with passenger, in all conditions. (Regular ski is 260X). My thoughts are as follows:

LX seat is not an impediment to high end recreational riding but its no real advantage either.

Cushions did not really give way more low back support as I expected. Surprisingly, passenger did not think it added much either. But, this is with aggressive riding in rough water where I like to be able to shift body and weight way back on ski.

I dont have any specific criticism of the LX seat style, but I prefer regular seat for aggressive riding.

However, if someone else liked LX style better, I would never argue. I can see how it could make someone feel more comfy and secure, especially if they stay in one position and do not ride with weight and body shifted as far back as possible.

The mounted LX GPS unit? Sweet!

+1
    I have my current LX seat that is the regular flat seat that I figure I could swap out if I chose to. I was curious if this style seat got in the way while needing to shift around in rougher conditions.
    Thanks for the replies

+1
    Well the seat no longer matters, They are putting my Green 300X on my trailer as we speak.

Congradulations!

Joe

+1
    Thank you, Had a great break in and this ski is more impressive than I thought it would have been.

Hi,

Did the 78cs fit or did you hav to mod?

Quote Originally Posted by OZFXSHO View Post
    Hi

That's exactly what I ordered but only because I had to have a green Kawasaki and then I added all the bits to hold the gps on the handlebars like the 300lx, theirs about 5 or 6 parts you will need to order if you want to convert the bars on a standard 300x to 300lx. I have also purchased the latest Garmin GPSMAP 78cs gps and hope it fits as the 76 is now an old model (76 is what Kawasaki recommend using). Sorry I can't comment on the seats of the 300lx!

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    I was wondering if I can get an opinion on the seats on the LX. I have never ridden a ski with this style seat. For the people that have ridden on both styles of seat. I am asking because my LX is still not in and I am thinking about just getting the X on the floor and adding the bar pad for the GPS.
    Did you ever add the bar pad for the GPS? I'd like to know more about this if you did.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information