1995 seadoo spx..Have a Few Question!!

i got the ski very cheap. It needs a new jet pump housing. The housing,steering nozzle and impellar is all off the ski. The impellar in the housing unit is stuck ,it wont spin because it slid down a inch and riped up the o ring,so its stuck.I dont know how this all happened. Im going to buy a hole new pump housing and steering nozle hopefully this week. Then while going through the hole ski. I can shake the motor a little bit, so i know i also need new motor mounts. Could that be the reason why the jetpump housing broke. Or can i run the ski in the water without doing the motor mounts( because i know i will have to pull the motor out to do new mounts). Any help or knowledge is greatly appreciated. thanks alot

+1
    sounds like you have a broken mount, or more.

yes, pull the motor to inspect all of them. i have good mounts here, if you need.

you should also do an engine / drive alignment. also take a good look at your drive shaft, and make sure it is NOT bent.

i also have all pump parts, props, ect if you need. all fresh water parts, ready to run.

please email, or call if i can help out. thank you
    Last edited by john zigler; 04-26-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: adding info..

+1
    Goneboatin: Also, ensure your motor is aligned correctly to your shaft. If you want to have a decent riding season try not to slip, slap, slop it together. Take your time & you'll enjoy more time riding when done right. Also, if you have the grey fuel lines I'd recomend changing them out. Hope this helps.

PS: Great username!!

hey thanks for the help. when you look inside engine hatch you can see the 2 back motor mounts and they have a little play in them,but the shaft doesnt look like its bent. Im going to pull the motor out to put new mounts in. and what gray lines are you talking about to replace? Fuel lines? thanks alot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by goneboatin View Post
    hey thanks for the help. when you look inside engine hatch you can see the 2 back motor mounts and they have a little play in them,but the shaft doesnt look like its bent. Im going to pull the motor out to put new mounts in. and what gray lines are you talking about to replace? Fuel lines? thanks alot
    The gray lines he was refering to are the fuel lines. They are notorious for drying out and cracking on the older two stroke skis. Get some new fuel line and replace, you can download a free manual for your ski here, it will show the fuel ciruit if you get lost.

www.seadoomanuals.net...

+1
    While you're going this far, I'd take your gas tank out & clean her up, this way when you replace those grey fuel lines & fuel filters she can drink healthy clean gasoline...

yeaa while i have the engine pulled im going to clean up the whole inside of the ski and will clean that tank. hopefully will get to all this in a week or two, when i have the time. will let ya know how it goes. Thanks alot for all the help and advice

Go ahead and get another drive shaft from John it will save you some trouble. I had one in the same coditon and it ruined a new rebuild pump. It was just a tiny bit bent couldn't tell by looking. The guy i buy parts from showed me.

+1
    Also call the seadoo recall line and give them your vin # They might sent you a new gas tank. There was a recall on them and allot of people didn't take them in to get replace. I call in for one of my skis and they said it wasn't fix. Not sure the years of the recall. Mind is was a 95. It is wroth a try and my old tank looked like crap. So I was stoak when said they had one at the dealer ship and to go pick it up. Make sure to thread lock the motor mounts. They will sometimes just come loses again from banging around and catching air. The lock washer don't alway work and you have to take the hole thing apart again to lock it down. It has happen to me nightmare. Good luck hope this helps

Thread Information