Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MudBug equipmet question

Hey guys... what type of stuff will I need pack on the skis for the trail rides? extra fuel, tow ropes, tools? My ski's are in good shape and shouldn't have any issues but I'd rather be prepared...

I'm trying to get a packing list going, it'll be here before we know it...

Thanks!

+1
    Nothing special needed. Places to get fuel, food and refreshments on the water.

very cool... I'll throw a tow rope in just in case then... Thanks!

+1
    I'll expand on Troy's reply (if that's ok...):

When riding the general MB area around Stevensville Island/Belle R. area, he's right - there's enough places to find food & beverages on the water. Could be a little dif. on some of the trail rides, though.

I'd consider the following, but you prob. already got them on your list:

Sunscreen/Sunblock
    Chapstick or other balm
    Eye wear
    I always advise some type of wet-shoe/booty, but lots of folks are barefoot.
    Off (or similar insect repellent, esp. if you're staying at the MCHI)
    A small ice chest or cold pack that will hold a few bottles of water or other choice of liquids.
    First time MBer? Bring your GPS to help you learn your way around - you will be back next year!

I'm prob. forgetting something obvious, but this'll do to start.

Finally, pay attention to this section of the forum. A thread will pop up in a few more weeks regarding the trail rides. I've got a little more work to do before I finalize my schedule...

+1
    BEER!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    I'll expand on Troy's reply (if that's ok...):

When riding the general MB area around Stevensville Island/Belle R. area, he's right - there's enough places to find food & beverages on the water. Could be a little dif. on some of the trail rides, though.

I'd consider the following, but you prob. already got them on your list:

Sunscreen/Sunblock
    Chapstick or other balm
    Eye wear
    I always advise some type of wet-shoe/booty, but lots of folks are barefoot.
    Off (or similar insect repellent, esp. if you're staying at the MCHI)
    A small ice chest or cold pack that will hold a few bottles of water or other choice of liquids.
    First time MBer? Bring your GPS to help you learn your way around - you will be back next year!

I'm prob. forgetting something obvious, but this'll do to start.

Finally, pay attention to this section of the forum. A thread will pop up in a few more weeks regarding the trail rides. I've got a little more work to do before I finalize my schedule...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    BEER!!
    This is mandantory..a good cooler with large quantities of beverage for the beer stops is required for mud bug....gro's had super unleaded texico gas last year at in town prices,they are cool people who dont try to gouge people.... if you ever do get lost in the swamp , shut off your engine and listen for the other skis...you will be able to hear most of us running and this can get you started in the right direction.......

I'll wait till the hotel for the icy amber goodness, but, I hope it'll be hard to get far enough behind to get lost... and now I have to install a boarding step on the wifes FZR, it seems she's not crazy about the time it might take her to reboard the ski in gator central... she was not amused when i told her if she did land close to a gator, she'd prolly just walk back to her ski across the water... but suprisingly enough, she's stoked about riding down there, critters and all...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by b1er View Post
    I'll wait till the hotel for the icy amber goodness, but, I hope it'll be hard to get far enough behind to get lost... and now I have to install a boarding step on the wifes FZR, it seems she's not crazy about the time it might take her to reboard the ski in gator central... she was not amused when i told her if she did land close to a gator, she'd prolly just walk back to her ski across the water... but suprisingly enough, she's stoked about riding down there, critters and all...
    If it makes her feel any better - We don't normally feed our reptilian friends w/folks from south of the Mason-Dixon... jk

And the odds of anyone getting lost is about 1 in 8. At least that's what I rem... can anyone confirm that ratio? again, jk

+1
    ya getting lost I would say would be pretty hard... 200 skis running around... as long as you dont find your way to the intercostal and not stop till you get there...LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information