Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Possible to pay for engine rebuild advice?

Hi all,

It seems that not many people respond to posts on this forum, I'm stuck with some problems on my Ultra 260x (piston meltdown) and engine re-builders for this kind of highly sensitive and precision motor do not exist in my part of the world so shipping the motor off somewhere is not an option. So my question is, can someone act as a paid consultant to me and help me through the rebuild so I get it right this time?

Would seem like a logical option since time is money for everyone, I really want to crack this myself since I got myself in this situation in the first place

Cheers all
    Ed

+1
    i wouldnt be prepared to help someone over the internet to much at stake, send it to me i'll rebuild it

where are you?

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

anyway, what's your worry, the risk is mine, and maybe you underestimate my abilities

+1
    down under
    the worry is you dont listen you have proved that already of course i underestimate your abilities because you didnt listen to good advise and you are asking lots of questions so that tells me you dont know to much about these engines

i'm listening now my comedic Australian friend, I knew the risk and took it, actually a guy who claims to know his stuff in the UK said the gasket could be re-used, as fas as i'm aware the only mistake i made with the rebuild was to use the old gasket. so are you helping me or you're going to continue to take the piss, i can't ship the motor to you because you in the wrong hemisphere. is this actually a help people forum or a take the piss out of newbies forum. i'm going to rebuild my motor and get it right with or without you guys. you're not a very friendly bunch to be honest.

cheers
    ed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra260LX View Post
    actually a guy who claims to know his stuff in the UK said the gasket could be re-used

cheers
    ed
    Hi

Delete that person's phone number and never ask them for advice again!

Good luck in finding the info you require but don't forget to buy the worskhop manual and read a lot on the forums and the web and then you will be half way their.

If I had the expertise and knoweldge I would assist you, sorry I can't help at this point in time but no harm in learning.

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    A race motor shop or motorcycle race shop should be able to help you....you need to take that motor completely apart to the last bolt...I would get new head bolts ,bearings,oil pump,rods etc....its not worth the trouble to second guess your rebuild when your out in the back woods. When you look at the H.P. per litre on these engines they are very high performance and do not like short cuts...you may also find a motor out of a wrecked ski if your block is junk.....hope you get it fixed. If you were here in Texas you could send it to WFO in houston.....sometimes the xtra cost is worth it...jmho

thanks, i have the workshop manual and this time i'll work to it to the letter, even so i'm interested in anyone who has any engine specific tips. the manual is a manual it can't give you real engine specific experience.

+1
    to be honest i now dont care good luck read and follow the workshop manual

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra260LX View Post
    i'm listening now my comedic Australian friend, I knew the risk and took it, actually a guy who claims to know his stuff in the UK said the gasket could be re-used, as fas as i'm aware the only mistake i made with the rebuild was to use the old gasket. so are you helping me or you're going to continue to take the piss, i can't ship the motor to you because you in the wrong hemisphere. is this actually a help people forum or a take the piss out of newbies forum. i'm going to rebuild my motor and get it right with or without you guys. you're not a very friendly bunch to be honest.

cheers
    ed

thanks also txgp1300r my last post was for the guy who replied above you. i've not really got an option but to do it myself, shipping from where i am alone will cost 1000$, just out of interest what would this rebuild cost in the USA?

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

i've already established you don't care nicjak. you should change that wording it "if it's too loud i obviously don't give a fu*k about you or anyone else"

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

anyway for those who do care i now have to wait before i strip down the rest on the motor, so i'll post my progress on here as it happens, i hope my experience and postings save some others some money. cheers all

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information