Trying to upgrade my GSX a little

Well it is coming up on my 3rd year owning this ski. I was going to buy a new ski but with rising gas prices i figure ill keep my gsx around longer. It is time for a carb rebuild, and i want to go ahead and do my performance mods to it so i can do all the adjustments while i have the carbs apart. My question is, where in the world do you guys find parts for these ski's anymore??? I have spent forever trying to track down some flame arrestors for a 787 gsx and I cant find any I am also looking for a good solas impeller for top end speed. I appreciate any help!
    thanks for your time!

+1
    for stock setup the concord 15/23 is the best replacement impeller & get a worx intake grate!
    Impros impeller chart:
    http://impros.com/charts/solas_seadoo.html

If you haven't already, get rid of the useless choke setup & go to a primer kit setup.
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/primerkitforpwc.aspx

On stock carbs you will need adapters for most flame arrestors, either of these:
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/flyracin...oradapter.aspx
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/kandnfla...radapters.aspx

Then get these flame arrestors..
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/prokuniv...tarrestor.aspx

you will have to rejet the carbs so in answer to your rebuild question.... You might as well.. I'm a little rusty on the jetting specs so maybe someone else will chime in..
    I hope this helps & Good luck

man i could not ask for a better answer, thanks so much for taking the time to link all that stuff, ill prob go ahead an replace the wear ring while i am at it too. I had it gps last year at 50mph and that is all i could get out of it. I realize its 14 years old so i am aiming for 53-54 after these mods

+1
    Is yours a 96 or 97? I have a 97 GSX as in my Sig.

In stock form it should run 53 - 54mph. Get a new wear ring, Solas 15/23 concord, Worx intake grate, primer kit & rejet the carbs then top it off with the F/A's & you should be around 56 mph with much better acceleration while keeping it reliable.
    If you order an impeller from impros get the wear ring and intake grate there too if it's in your budget.. Tell him OU812 sent you..
    Dave (impros) was there for me while I was dialing in my GSX back in 2001 & we went through like....5 different impellers, swirl 17/22 - swirl 16/24 - X0 - XI - then concord 15/23 BAM!!! Top end and acceleration were there!. The Skat 17/22 swirl was the best in acceleration/punch and made the ski stick to the water best but it was almost 2 mph slower than the concord.

Keep us posted on your progress..

I will definitely keep you posted! I have a 96 gsx which i believe hits the rev limiter around 7035 while the 97's were 100rpm higher if my memory is correct. Will i still be ok with the FA's and then new impeller? Also, the two FA brackets you linked earlier are a lot difference in price, is one that much better than the other? Will i need the mount for the adapters to keep pressure off the manifold? i heard it cracks easily. I am trying to put minimal money into it since it is not worth all that much anymore. I really would just like to keep up with some of my family i ride with, they have newer ski's and have me by about 3 - 4 mph which is pretty significant over a half mile

Get bill o's jet kit/flame arrestors. He is the seadoo guru, and has a proven setup. A slightly cut head will help also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCARD02 View Post
    I will definitely keep you posted! I have a 96 gsx which i believe hits the rev limiter around 7035 while the 97's were 100rpm higher if my memory is correct. Will i still be ok with the FA's and then new impeller? Also, the two FA brackets you linked earlier are a lot difference in price, is one that much better than the other? Will i need the mount for the adapters to keep pressure off the manifold? i heard it cracks easily. I am trying to put minimal money into it since it is not worth all that much anymore. I really would just like to keep up with some of my family i ride with, they have newer ski's and have me by about 3 - 4 mph which is pretty significant over a half mile
    yeah, just rejet since you're in the carbs anyway & add the flame arrestors & primer kit. Go with the fly adapters. Also, do a search on cleaning the raves on those ski's...There's a lot of room for improvement there. You might want to hit up bill to see what he recommends for your dollar..
    Go here, it's Bill Oneal's section. start a thread about a rejet kit & F/A's, he'll do you right!
    http://www.pwctoday.com/f57/

Thread Information