Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Removed My Exhaust Manifold - LC1 Install

Removed the exhaust manifold off my 2010 RXTX 260. I have purchased an LC1 including the heat sink. I have access to a machine shop but need some advise as I don't want to break through into the water jacket. I know I need to drill and tap the flat spot on the exhaust manifold but not sure how critical the hole placement is. Any advise on the drilling location would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    Removed the exhaust manifold off my 2010 RXTX 260. I have purchased an LC1 including the heat sink. I have access to a machine shop but need some advise as I don't want to break through into the water jacket. I know I need to drill and tap the flat spot on the exhaust manifold but not sure how critical the hole placement is. Any advise on the drilling location would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks......
    I aimed just ofset from centre to allow room to get your wrench onto the o2 sensor when tightening it up. I had no issues with the water jacket. Whats your reasons for using the heatsink? From memory most people agreed it was unnecceasary.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    I aimed just ofset from centre to allow room to get your wrench onto the o2 sensor when tightening it up. I had no issues with the water jacket. Whats your reasons for using the heatsink? From memory most people agreed it was unnecceasary.
    I was advised that the manifold was aluminum and water cooled and the heat sink was not necessary but since I have it and bucket loads of room I figured it would not hurt to install it. I did not want to leave the LC1 sensor permanently installed and the heat sink would allow repeated install / removal without messing up the threads in the manifold. So tell me is this a flawed idea. I'm open to suggestions and appreciate any advise.. Thanks...

+1
    I was advised that the manifold was aluminum and water cooled and the heat sink was not necessary but since I have it and bucket loads of room I figured it would not hurt to install it. I did not want to leave the LC1 sensor permanently installed and the heat sink would allow repeated install / removal without messing up the threads in the manifold. So tell me is this a flawed idea. I'm open to suggestions and appreciate any advise.. Thanks...
    Okay, yer that sounds reasonable to me.. How come you dont want to leave the sensor installed? Ive had mine in for 10 hours or so so far with no issues. And having extra gauges is cool

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Okay, yer that sounds reasonable to me.. How come you dont want to leave the sensor installed? Ive had mine in for 10 hours or so so far with no issues. And having extra gauges is cool
    I was going to leave it in as well but was advised against it by both Jerry and Dynotune. If that's the case I figured I would give the manifold threads a break and install the heat sink.. Probably overkill but I'll wait for others to chime in. Thanks again for the advise...

+1
    I was going to leave it in as well but was advised against it by both Jerry and Dynotune. If that's the case I figured I would give the manifold threads a break and install the heat sink.. Probably overkill but I'll wait for others to chime in. Thanks again for the advise...
    I personally tried the heatsink and didn't give me a good reading. I took it out and drilled bigger. So if I were you I'd try it and if you don't like it, drilll bigger. Shouldn't be a problem. Good luck.

+1
    Get the A/F ratio set then remove the O2 sensor, and plug it! You shouldn't need to install it again unless you change boost or ecu. BTW, what are you using to change A/F ratios?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Get the A/F ratio set then remove the O2 sensor, and plug it! You shouldn't need to install it again unless you change boost or ecu. BTW, what are you using to change A/F ratios?
    Going to install a RRFPR... Does anyone know the correct tap size to use. Dynotune advised that the thread was M18-2.50 read somewhere in this forum (3:00 am last night ) that it was M18-1.50. Help!! Thanks ....

M18-1.5

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...c-install-pics here's my setup. Not sure what's up with all the heat sink haters but mine works great.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information