Might buy 2004 Sea Doo GTX Supercharged...Help!!

Hey Guys,

I have had older Jet Ski's before but I'm looking to step my game up with this thing...Its a good price but I have a few concerns. It has 140 hrs, and the guy put a SBT motor in it himself, said he took it to a dealer to check it over and they gave it a good send off. Right now the new motor only has 13 hrs on it with a new oil pump, and a fully rebuilt SC done by the dealer. I talk to a professional and they said run away from the SBT motor. To me with a machine with that kind of hours its a selling point...What do you guys think? Do you think there is an issue still there that caused the engine to go out? He said it threw a valve. He also put a new batt. in last year and it has a aftermarket ss impeller on it. Let me know what you guys think. I really want this unit and I think its a great price. Thank you for any advice in advance!!

+1
    Turbo? Only concern is that he put an SBT motor in it. What is the guy asking?

I can buy it with a trailer for 3,500. Do SBT motors not have a good track record? TURBO, LOL!!

+1
    Yeah, they pretty much suck. I would pass personally but if you like it, get it. I personally wouldn't buy one with an SBT motor because of what I have seen and heard about them. If the 'professional' said run away, then run away. It is up to you. I think the price is ok, I would offer $3000.00 if it were me.

Thread Information