RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1

More VXS Mods to Exhaust and Bucket Install

Instead of using the free flow exhaust, I used the plug kit from R&D to remove the resonator box. This allows the Riva storage bucket to go right in. More room for 6 cold ones...hehehe.
    Also I used the Tommy Jordan mod to my exhaust by cutting 3.25 inches off of the hose from the water box to the muffler where it protrudes into the muffler. Same performance gain as a free flow.

Nice looking mod. Yes storage is one area that the VXR / VXS could use just a little bit more of. Is there a hole in the bottom of the bucket to drain any water that could get into it? Mite be a good idea to poke a hole or two in the bottom of the bucket if none are there. JB

+1
    Cool... I didn't know R&D offered that! Is it just a rubber cap? Any different than a Home Depot type plumbing cap?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Cool... I didn't know R&D offered that! Is it just a rubber cap? Any different than a Home Depot type plumbing cap?
    A pvc plug should work just fine.

+1
    Hi,
    Can you show where the hose is cut please?
    Ive done a search, but I can't find it!-EDIT-IVE FOUND IT! (Spelling was crap!)
    Got some bits including a steering system coming from Jerry any day now. Ive got the storage bucket, but the plug is coming with Jerry's order.
    Also, I noticed on mine that the front lip of the storage bucket where it sits down against the electric box is a bit high, and it seems to rock a bit. Kinda like the rubber fluted mat section Yamaha has put in has pushed the bucket up a small amount. Perhaps it was not there on the pre production prototypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    Instead of using the free flow exhaust, I used the plug kit from R&D to remove the resonator box. This allows the Riva storage bucket to go right in. More room for 6 cold ones...hehehe.
    Also I used the Tommy Jordan mod to my exhaust by cutting 3.25 inches off of the hose from the water box to the muffler where it protrudes into the muffler. Same performance gain as a free flow.
    Last edited by Mongoose; 04-27-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Im a dummy and can't spel 2fast4u!!!

+1
    Lol....that is a funny reason you edited...I added some window seal rubber under the bucket lip. 1/2 wide sticky back weather stripping from the hardware store. That raised the bucket up a bit and I had to re-adjust my seat post latch because the seat was too tight. The weather stripping keeps from scratching up my ski and no rattles. I had no other issue with the bucket hitting anything.
    Chuck

Thread Information