Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

South Florida Riders and the Riva Show

Official Countdown to Riva Jetskis Show !!! 4days to GO !!!The South Florida Riders will have a booth so, please come by and find out what is all the fuss about our club. Everyone is welcome !!! Also Seadoo and Yamaha Will have all the 2011 models available for tryout at a close by lake, Stone Crabs from seafood world restaurant, trailers vendors, jetski accesories and peformance parts from riva, live music and much more....DON'T MISS IT !!! here are all the details....www.floridapwcshow.com

Sounds great! I'll be there Saturday.

+1
    sounds like fun Juan

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by H2HO View Post
    What ??? 3 days to go!!! Get Your self over here for a nice weekend in South Florida.

There is always a guy with a bigger boat FasstPhilip's Avatar
    Juan asked me to bring my ski…

Well she was brand new in 2008; early 2008. I remember freaking out if she got a scratch… Yes XRIDER (to this day don't touch his ski)… We were riding at Sebastian and I was struggling in the surf; holding my baby against the big waves. Tom "the old Commodore" says: let it run up on the sand and gravel… makes it faster whent the bottom is roughed up. Truth? Well who knows, but after that I chose to believe it. Sure makes life with your ski easier (hey XRIDER… take a lesson here).

The point is that my 200+ hour - 2008 FXHO with all of her battle scars… earned all over Florida and in Bimini will be the star of the show. I just need a little help early on Saturday morning to put some lipstick on the Pig. If you want to help compound and wax the old girl w/ me… big props.

We had a great weekend at this show last year… Hey… can't wait to see my family once more… especially my LLS… FreakBoy.

FasstPhilip

We will be there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FasstPhilip View Post

Well she was brand new in 2008; early 2008. I remember freaking out if she got a scratch… Yes XRIDER (to this day don't touch his ski)… We were riding at Sebastian and I was struggling in the surf; holding my baby against the big waves. Tom "the old Commodore" says: let it run up on the sand and gravel… makes it faster whent the bottom is roughed up. Truth? Well who knows, but after that I chose to believe it. Sure makes life with your ski easier (hey XRIDER… take a lesson here).

The point is that my 200+ hour - 2008 FXHO with all of her battle scars… earned all over Florida and in Bimini will be the star of the show. I just need a little help early on Saturday morning to put some lipstick on the Pig. If you want to help compound and wax the old girl w/ me… big props.

We had a great weekend at this show last year… Hey… can't wait to see my family once more… especially my LLS… FreakBoy.

FasstPhilip
    I may have to work saturday but I will be there Sunday for sure and my world famous popcorn machine will be there both days feeding fans.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FasstPhilip View Post

FasstPhilip
    Let me know what time Phil. I'll bring the Porter-Cable & we'll shine the 'ol girl up in no time. I might not be the best tuner, but I know a thing or two about making a ski into a looker. Call me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6799.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	479.9 KB 
ID:	236974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6546.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	271.5 KB 
ID:	236975  

There is always a guy with a bigger boat FasstPhilip's Avatar

Mark continues to be a stud

When I ride with the SoFlaRiders there are always those who go above and beyond... For those riders I made my own award... STUD... these last few posts are a great example of the spirit of that "award". I asked for help putting "lipstick on the pig" and Mark was there instantly...

I want to share this email; sent right after our Lower Keys Ride:

On this ride Juan was the lead and he asked me to be "tail end charlie". We were officially the shepards of the flock. Don't get me wrong about the tail end thing… there are many riders that do not need to have a shepard. They were free to look after themselves and I stayed with the riders that had even less experience than I do.

But… I want to create a new status among the South FloridaRiders… Studs (could be a Studette as well). For this ride there were two"Studs"; Carlos Valenti and Lester X-Rider. These guys had the spirit of "never leaving anyone behind"… they were quiet and unassuming on their mission. Somehow, they knew where everyone was and hung out outside of a long chanel or offshore from a wrong turn and waited until the late riders showed and just headed for the group.

My other "Stud" of the week is Mark"mjh3ides" for his quote before the ride:

Mark Hoffman's excellentemail:
    >>
    >> In all seriousness, if everyone pays attention to the channel markers
    >> & stays out of the flats we'll all have a good time & a great ride in a
    >> beautiful place. I had years of boating experience before getting into skis
    >> & I still find it challenging to navigate in the keys back country, so we're
    >> very lucky to have some locals as guides. Ripping across the flats down
    >> there is a big no-no, so please just follow the lead of the guys with local
    >> knowlege & be respectful of other boaters. If you're not familiar with how
    >> channels are marked or basic rules of the road, please read up before the
    >> ride. Lots of boaters are a-holes who think jetskis have no business in
    >> "their water", so the last thing we want to do is antagonize them & give
    >> them a reason to start hailing the FWC to complain. We had some issues on
    >> the Ft Myers ride with people riding outside the channel in the manatee
    >> zones & hauling ass under bridges. Luckily the cop who stopped us was cool,
    >> but he said he was getting calls left & right from pissed off boaters. If
    >> the feds are watching us, that's the last thing we want for the club & the
    >> sport.
    >>
    >> Juan has done a great job organizing this ride, & we've got a chance to
    >> show the bureaucrats that PWC's deserve the same rights as any other
    >> boater. Can't wait to have a good ride & party-party afterwards!
    Last edited by FasstPhilip; 04-28-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information