Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Moderator shawn alladio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Earth, USA, California
    Posts
    2,058
    +1
    7

    AWA Action Alert! Attention Louisiana PWC Owners

    Attention Louisiana PWC owners:

    Thanks in large part to the efforts of your fellow riders; we have the chance to further expand equal access for PWC to your public waterways. On May 5, 2011 the Louisiana Wildlife Commission will decide on several amendments opening other Wildlife Management Areas to equal access for personal watercraft. These are public waters where all other motorized boats are already permitted.

    Itís important the Commission hear from Louisiana PWC owners in support of these actions. Every other boat owner has access; why not you?
    The areas under consideration include Catahoula Lake, Maurepas Swamp, Pointe Aux Chenes, and the remainder of Pearl River.

    While personal watercraft currently enjoy access to designated sections of the Pearl River system, itís time for full and equal access to all of Pearl Riverís areas. Please take just two minutes to contact the commission and submit a comment in support of open access. They need to hear from the people of Louisiana. Urge them, as a Louisiana boater, to adopt equal access for all boaters.

    You may submit comments until May 5 by contacting Mr. Randy Myers via e mail at [email protected] or by phone at 225-765-2359. We strongly encourage you to submit comments directly to the commission members listed on the second page of this letter.
    Next, spread the word to every PWC owner you know and have them submit comments in support as well. Have everyone in your family submit a comment.

    Remember, youíre not asking for special treatment, only simple, straight forward American fairness. You pay the same taxes and registration fees as all other Louisiana boaters. Itís only right that you share the same access to your public waterways.


    No organization in Washington is going to make this happen. The commission needs to hear directly from the people who matter most; you and your fellow riders. Your effort will make all the difference. Rest assured there are those working to continue these unjust and anti-access regulations.

    Now is the time to speak up for your riding freedoms. A personalized note to the commission carries significant weight. Join us in standing up for your free and open access.

    Hereís how to contact your Commissioners:
    Direct contact with the entire Commission is always best. However, we understand how valuable your time is. Please consider at a minimum contacting the Chairman and the commissioner located nearest you. When doing so, please copy Mr. Randy Meyers at [email protected]
    Every voice helps in this effort, including those of family and friends. Louisiana riders certainly deserve freedom of access to your public waterways.

    Mr. Stephen Sagrera, Chairman. Abbeville, LA. phone: 337 893-7709
    Fax: (337) 893-7703
    E-mail:
    [email protected]
    Mr. Patrick Morrow, Vice Chairman. Opelousas, LA. phone: 337 948-4483
    E-mail:
    [email protected]
    Mr. Billy Broussard, At-Large. Kaplan, LA. phone: 337-652-4191
    FAX: 337-737-2395
    E-Mail:
    [email protected]
    Mr. Ronald Graham, At-Large. Ruston, LA. phone: 318-232-7021
    Fax: 318-232-7051
    E-mail:
    [email protected]
    Mrs. Ann Taylor, At-Large. Boutte, LA. phone: 985-758-2795
    E-mail:
    [email protected]


    Mr. Steve Oats, At-Large. Lafayette, LA. phone: 337- 233-1100
    E-mail:
    [email protected]
    Thank you for your efforts. Your voice is the one that counts in this issue.
    www.AWAHQ.ORG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	236943  
    Last edited by shawn alladio; 04-27-2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: added pic


  2. #2
    83Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Amant, LA
    Posts
    6,018
    +1
    304
    We Got It. Our Amendments Passed. Thanks so much Shawn for helping us in our time of need.
    Thanks to the rest of you that supported our issue as well: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1686555

  3. #3
    SurfRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    735
    +1
    13
    Fantastic news!!!

  4. #4
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Hey Shawn, I have another fight that needs to be fought. The PWC ban in the Big Thicket National Forest. As far as I know they have never completed the enviromental assessment study. I have called and talked to various people at the park HQ and it seems as though it is the decision of the park manager to continue the ban. The last time I talked to somebody there he said he doubted that it would ever be overturned because all we ever do is go around in circles and that causes erosion of the shoreline. Not a very intelligent group to deal with.

  5. #5
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Hey Shawn, I have another fight that needs to be fought. The PWC ban in the Big Thicket National Forest. As far as I know they have never completed the enviromental assessment study. I have called and talked to various people at the park HQ and it seems as though it is the decision of the park manager to continue the ban. The last time I talked to somebody there he said he doubted that it would ever be overturned because all we ever do is go around in circles and that causes erosion of the shoreline. Not a very intelligent group to deal with.
    I used to call every 3 months. He told me he did not have to finish the assessment because of the 2 hurricanes. I'm sure the forest fires that we had will be his next excuse.
    Each time we talked he would bring up an argument then I would shoot it down. I even asked him if PWCs were so bad why were so many law inforcement agencies using them? He said it was because of cost. I finally stopped trying when he told me that the jet drives in the ski's damaged vegetation more than the props on boats. How can you argue with idiots?

  6. #6
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,567
    +1
    4,779
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    The last time I talked to somebody there he said he doubted that it would ever be overturned because all we ever do is go around in circles and that causes erosion of the shoreline.
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    I used to call every 3 months. He told me he did not have to finish the assessment because of the 2 hurricanes. I'm sure the forest fires that we had will be his next excuse.
    Each time we talked he would bring up an argument then I would shoot it down. I even asked him if PWCs were so bad why were so many law inforcement agencies using them? He said it was because of cost. I finally stopped trying when he told me that the jet drives in the ski's damaged vegetation more than the props on boats. How can you argue with idiots?
    Good gosh, with so many good people looking for jobs these days; that peckerhead needs to go bye-bye. Our government agencies are infested with these fruit cakes; brainwashed by bad science, living on the tax payer's nipple and targeting PWC's, while many times they sit back and allow 20 year-old 2 stroke outboards to plow the same waters. Run those green commies out of there and take back your country!

  7. #7
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Good gosh, with so many good people looking for jobs these days; that peckerhead needs to go bye-bye. Our government agencies are infested with these fruit cakes; brainwashed by bad science, living on the tax payer's nipple and targeting PWC's, while many times they sit back and allow 20 year-old 2 stroke outboards to plow the same waters. Run those green commies out of there and take back your country!
    What really sucks is that the area we are banned from has some of the best riding in our area.

    The only way something could be done about this is through legal action. Most PWC owners in our area dont even know that there is a ban. I found out about 3 years ago, when I was pulled over and given a warning ticket for being in there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-13-2016, 02:44 AM
  2. Attention all louisiana pwc riders!!!
    By 83Gator in forum Southeast
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
  3. worth a look for all the pwc owners
    By Hydrotherapy in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 11:52 AM
  4. The 2 best days of a PWC Owners Life is.......
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 08:13 AM
  5. AWA Nationwide Alert: Padre Island National Seashore
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •