Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vic
    +1

Connection problem

I just got my Vi-pec and the install was easy, I downloaded the software and my mape but when I plug it in and press F3 it wont conect. Any suggestions?

+1
    Is the Vipec powered up ( grounded)

Vic
    +1
    yea its grounded to the valve cover

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

its crazy I know the its powered up because my computer will make niose but when I try to conect it says unable to conect and I tryed an ECU seach and a different USB plug

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx585 View Post
    yea its grounded to the valve cover

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

its crazy I know the its powered up because my computer will make niose but when I try to conect it says unable to conect and I tryed an ECU seach and a different USB plug

The noise you hear is the usb connection being recognized by the computer. When the Ecu is powered up you will here the fuel pump cycle and the bilge pump run. You will also see the dash power up, If the dash does not detect rpm for 30-60 seconds then the dash will power off. It will power backup once rpm is detected.

If you have the battery connected and the Power Connector and ViPEC connected once you connect the Brown/Yellow wire you should hear the fuel pump. Make sure the Alarm bypass module has been installed.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

I just got my Vi-pec and the install was easy, I downloaded the software and my mape but when I plug it in and press F3 it wont conect. Any suggestions?
    What operating system is on your laptop?

Vic
    +1
    Its windows7

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

It powers up I here the fuel pump for a few secounds and that shuts off and the bilge pump keeps running

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

but when I press F3 to load the mape it says that its not conected to the ECU. I have checked all of my conections like three times I am running out of Ideas

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I have also been calling Riva for the past couple of hours trying to talk to someone that can help but I have just left alot of messages

+1
    Its windows7

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

It powers up I here the fuel pump for a few secounds and that shuts off and the bilge pump keeps running

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

but when I press F3 to load the mape it says that its not conected to the ECU. I have checked all of my conections like three times I am running out of Ideas

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I have also been calling Riva for the past couple of hours trying to talk to someone that can help but I have just left alot of messages

Sounds like you have a USB driver issues. Please send me an email to my support address and I will login and fix it.

Vic
    +1
    [email protected]

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Whats your support address

did you get this worked out? what COMM port are you using? I know when I first hooked mine up I could not talk to it but I had to change it to a lower COMM port.

+1
    Sounds like a driver issue I don't know why but after I did the update my vista laptop would not load the driver and would not connect to the ecu so I have been using my old XP laptop with no problems

+1
    This was a driver issue, reinstalled it and now all is good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information