Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Is this pumpshoe fixable....

Or does it need to be replaced?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    A Speedfreeks pump shoe protector would be your only hope..... and that all depends on how far back it's broken.

BTW.... where are your inserts Without the inserts... you need an X ride plate!

+1
    Thats what i was thinkin. You could put the protector on there and lots of silicone between the intake grate and the shoe and it will probably be ok
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    A Speedfreeks pump shoe protector would be your only hope..... and that depends on how far back it's broken.

+1
    Speedfreeks lip protector wont come over the top far enough to cover that hole i gaurantee it.......that thing is JUNK..........PERIOD!!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    A Speedfreeks pump shoe protector would be your only hope..... and that depends on how far back it's broken.

BTW.... where are your inserts Without the inserts... you need an X ride plate!
    This is a friends ski im trying to help with. Inserts are long gone. His grate ripped off and this was the damage. I think I have read some threads where guys use silicone to put new inserts back in? That still kind of worries me that they may pull back out.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    Speedfreeks lip protector wont come over the top far enough to cover that hole i gaurantee it.......that thing is JUNK..........PERIOD!!!!!!!
    Thanks Reid, thats what I am looking for.

If he wanted a shop to put in a new shoe what do you think it would run him?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    He's gonna be looking at around $170 for a new shoe, probably around $60-$70 for two tubes of loctite 5900 for the shoe & ride plate..... and just a guess here (depending on who does it) 6-8 hours of labor charges (probably the minimum amount of time to do it right... it's a job! One that I don't care to do again any time soon!). Make sure whoever does it re-aligns the engine after the shoe replacement!

+1
    Pump shoe protector would fit over that.. I wouldn't be making any 80 mph passes lol. Won't hurt, if it doesn't work out take it all off put new shoe on and then put protector on .. gonna need it one way or another.
    it wont cover it just protect whats left from breaking away.... or you can be like me and have none left , all I have is 3 inserts and too lazy to change it.

+1
    If you believe the SPeedfreaks Pump shoe protector would be ok, I would just use a R&D girdle kit to fix the insert problem. You would be better off with the girdle anyway. Just don't use the outside screws for the grate and fill them in with something as your 2 new screws in the girdle would be just fine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    If you believe the SPeedfreaks Pump shoe protector would be ok, I would just use a R&D girdle kit to fix the insert problem. You would be better off with the girdle anyway. Just don't use the outside screws for the grate and fill them in with something as your 2 new screws in the girdle would be just fine.

I agree, but I would also put the inserts back in with some quality 2 part epoxy, just for added protection.

Pauly C.

+1
    let me know how this boat does if the shoe isnt changed because after the rest of the shoe lip breaks out WITH OR WITHOUT A lip protector and the rest of the broke pieces that I gaurantee will happen either way try to exit the pump when u r cornering or trying to manuever away from something and the pump locks up with the lip pieces between the prop and wear ring and your boat shuts down and u go straight into whatever u were turning away from it has the potential to be UGLY....not saying its assured but why take the chance its already dangerous enough if a stick lodges in there but to ride it with the chance to lock up knowing it could doesnt seem smart....im sure theres some EXCUSE that can be made that that wont happen either...it just seems that taking advise from someone thats running a shoe with the lip broke out cause he states himself hes to LAZY to change it....well that MIGHT not be the best advise on the forum to take and could EASILY get someone hurt......PERIOD!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information