Thread: Got My New VXs

Got My New VXs

Well, I picked up my ski and ran right to the water.......

First, the river was the worst itz ever been in a long time since I started riding in it. Comming from my RXP this Vxs did do better in the chop than my RXP. I know what some people were saying about is feeling or sounding cheap cause hitting that water she sounded like it was gonna break in half(called and got full coverage insurance lol ). Handled very well and was playful when we went in the inlet on the glass. I like the S seat over the R seat cause I ride farther back from the bars and that hump would kill my nutz. Didnt miss the lack of trim one bit. She launched off alot of waves and landed softly as long as most of my weight was on the tail..

Very slow out the gate but picks up very well, I put my 1.5 hours on it and burned the whole tank of fuel....cam into shore well on the buzzer.... after I refilled the tank it took 11.5 gallons so I still had 4 left. Gotta mod this thing like next week !!! I gotta do the thru hull exhaust ( got thru hull on the RXP) air intake, water box and intake manifold upgrade.....

Gonna wait for the correct ride plate and intake grate set up as well as the ECU.

I really do like the ski and having rode it for the first time in very very bad conditions im really pleased with my purchase. " Happy Birthday To Me ..

after the mods my wallet wont be as light as it was with the RXP and she will roll almost as fast.......

This is a no frills ski and im cool with that...... will add compass, gps and digital tach also.....

ItzMunch

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Nice, glad to see another VXS on the forum. I like my seat better than the R seat. Congratulations on the new ride !!
    Chuck

**the river wasn't our friend that day for sure,, 20mph winds in my face tore me a new a__shole!! was impressed with the "out the hole" and mid range pull,, pretty impressive performance,, looking forward to mimic some of your mods !!!
    congrats ...

Quote Originally Posted by itzmunch View Post
    Well, I picked up my ski and ran right to the water.......

First, the river was the worst itz ever been in a long time since I started riding in it. Comming from my RXP this Vxs did do better in the chop than my RXP. I know what some people were saying about is feeling or sounding cheap cause hitting that water she sounded like it was gonna break in half(called and got full coverage insurance lol ). Handled very well and was playful when we went in the inlet on the glass. I like the S seat over the R seat cause I ride farther back from the bars and that hump would kill my nutz. Didnt miss the lack of trim one bit. She launched off alot of waves and landed softly as long as most of my weight was on the tail..

Very slow out the gate but picks up very well, I put my 1.5 hours on it and burned the whole tank of fuel....cam into shore well on the buzzer.... after I refilled the tank it took 11.5 gallons so I still had 4 left. Gotta mod this thing like next week !!! I gotta do the thru hull exhaust ( got thru hull on the RXP) air intake, water box and intake manifold upgrade.....

Gonna wait for the correct ride plate and intake grate set up as well as the ECU.

I really do like the ski and having rode it for the first time in very very bad conditions im really pleased with my purchase. " Happy Birthday To Me ..

after the mods my wallet wont be as light as it was with the RXP and she will roll almost as fast.......

This is a no frills ski and im cool with that...... will add compass, gps and digital tach also.....

ItzMunch
    Later when you get more time on the VXS I'd like to hear a more in depth comparison to the RXP. Which aspects you like about each one better than the other, pluses, minuses, handling, etc..

Second ride today..... River was much less choppy...... Ski felt very good, she didn't buck too much and I was able to really get a good blast out of her. I thought I burned alot of gas but its only because the tank is smaller. This thing needs a splash guard !!!! wow what a wet ride but I guess if you play in water your gonna get wet. In comparison to my RXP all imma say is......... I love my RXP, the power , the hole shot, good on gas and fun, less wet cause I have a splash guard on it........ but I aint rode it once since I got my VXs. As for the mods, I just ordered my parts last week.... and for a little over a grand..... the projected speed gains (dolla per hour) is wayyyyyyyyy cheaper than my RXP.

Parts should be here this week......I should have em installed by next weekend....... (maybe I can suggest testing and speed runs for a mothers day gift to the Mrs.) lol lol lol That aint gonna fly lol lol lol prolly no rides after the mods till next Mon.... lol

ItzMunch

Uptown River Raiders

muuuuuuunnnnnch! ya'll went out a 2nd day!!!??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxCooperman View Post
    muuuuuuunnnnnch! ya'll went out a 2nd day!!!??
    yeah man, 4 of us went out. didn't get out til around 3. it's only may and munch has been out as much as he was all of last year

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    yeah man, 4 of us went out. didn't get out til around 3. it's only may and munch has been out as much as he was all of last year
    this week looks promising,,, i wanna try them boots on ..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxCooperman View Post
    this week looks promising,,, i wanna try them boots on ..
    R&D is shipping my ECU out tomorrow. I should have it on thursday. I can still ride, but I have to keep it under 3/4 throttle for now. The boots are in my truck. They're a size 13(big on me, I'm a 12) you being a 14. They may just fit. If not, they might fit the guy with the white/blue xlt(cant remember his name) They're new, 5mm thick. This is what they look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b_b5010.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	238195  

Im down anytime this week..... My Vx is down, got it all apart doing the mods plus i removed the ride plate to send it out to Jim (2 weeks) so I'll ride the RXP ....... my starr bench player lol lol lol

Hit me up anytime.....

Thread Information