fitiing bars on gpr i need to find a smaller start/stop/key mount?

Ok so i have new bars, throttle lever and odi grips. Well i have it all set up and the throttle cable is not long enough and i cant get anymore out of it. So i need to take about a inch and a half off each side of the bars. Well that will work for the throttle side but with an inch and a half off the trim side you can not fit the start mount thing, the trim tab and the odi grip. I dont want to just cut the throttle side and not the trim tab side. so dose anyone have any other options? I was thinking if i can find a smaller start/stop/key thing and use that it would be perfect but i have no idea where to find that.

Thanks
    Kevin

Also please excuse me calling it start/stop/key thing, I have no idea what else to call it.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

KILL SWITCH thats the word i was looking for

I found the XLT throttle cable is much longer than the GPR. I know the XLT 800 cable is a foot longer than the XLT1200 cable. I bet ya the trim cables may be longer as well. Gonna be expensive to buy three cables but may be a solution.

+1
    [QUOTE=pulser9;1680748]Ok so i have new bars, throttle lever and odi grips. Well i have it all set up and the throttle cable is not long enough and i cant get anymore out of it. So i need to take about a inch and a half off each side of the bars. Well that will work for the throttle side but with an inch and a half off the trim side you can not fit the start mount thing, the trim tab and the odi grip. I dont want to just cut the throttle side and not the trim tab side. so dose anyone have any other options? I was thinking if i can find a smaller start/stop/key thing and use that it would be perfect but i have no idea where to find that.

Thanks
    Kevin

Its for GPR we assume..I see where your coming from...I went from a stocker 28 1/4 to PROTAPER Ricky Carmichael 31 1/4 low rise.....didn't have any issues..there was a little slack for the cable ,not much...kept the stock throttle lever....but that wouldn't have made a difference....being longer HBs you won't have the lever as wide...do you really want to cut the bars?

[QUOTE=jetdave56;1681116]
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser9 View Post
    Its for GPR we assume..I see where your coming from...I went from a stocker 28 1/4 to PROTAPER Ricky Carmichael 31 1/4 low rise.....didn't have any issues..there was a little slack for the cable ,not much...kept the stock throttle lever....but that wouldn't have made a difference....being longer HBs you won't have the lever as wide...do you really want to cut the bars?
    I actually got it to work last night. i had to mess with the throttle cable and i was able to get some more out of the line to make it with only cuting about a half inch of each end.

Thread Information