Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Taking your MoTeC to the next level

With the summer season approaching, there are several projects I will be doing to further exploit the potential of the MoTeC ECU on the Yamaha FZ ski. These will include:
    • Real time knock control and knock sensitivity analysis using MoTeC's SKM knock management system.
    • Tuning individual cylinder lambda using MoTeC's original dyno exhaust individual lambda adapter plate.
    • Installing a MoTeC SLM module to monitor various key operating data such as knock, lambda, rpm acceleration rate of change, etc, etc, etc,
    • Setting up lambda closed loop operation using the built-in closed loop function within the ECU
    • Setting up dual map setting for "on the fly" calibration map switching
    • Installing a MoTeC 9 position trim switch (in-dash) to change timing advance on the fly for fuel octane adjustability.... or trimming launch control timer threshold.... or... or.... or... etc....
    • Installing a MoTeC shift light to be used as a warning device for key operating data to be determined... first test will be to setup the SL as a knock warning light.
    I will share results with you over the coming months and I will work with Pete on all of the above. This should be an interesting thread and it will serve as great way to share ideas on how to really take the M400 to the next level for performance watercraft usage.

+1
    sounds great i will watching with interest

kev

+1
    Would be great to see some info on knock control in a PWC.

Cant wait to see the results on the individual cylinder tune.

+1
    Hi Martin
    Good stuff
    I am sure the guys will lap it up.
    I fitted a 9 pos switch to a turbo yamaha last weekend
    Also converted it from 98 octane to bio fuel "E85"
    Picked up 500 rpm and now have 25 degrees ignition in at 1.7 bar boost, "still no knock"

Used the first 3 positions of the switch to limit the throttle position so that virtualy anyone could ride it, then the next 3 to add extra timing, then the last 3 add more boost.

Looking forward to your results

Cheers

+1
    LOL

Are you putting in that evil E85?

Nice #'s.

Lapping away.

On the bikes they use about 25% more fuel with E85 and cant use it because they cant finish a race on a tank , makes Hp though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by miker1 View Post
    On the bikes they use about 25% more fuel with E85 and cant use it because they cant finish a race on a tank , makes Hp though.
    same with the cars they can make some good power but are chewing through the juice

kev

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post
    Hi Martin
    Good stuff
    I am sure the guys will lap it up.
    I fitted a 9 pos switch to a turbo yamaha last weekend
    Also converted it from 98 octane to bio fuel "E85"
    Picked up 500 rpm and now have 25 degrees ignition in at 1.7 bar boost, "still no knock"

Used the first 3 positions of the switch to limit the throttle position so that virtualy anyone could ride it, then the next 3 to add extra timing, then the last 3 add more boost.

Looking forward to your results

Cheers
    Pete could you set up a switch to make the motec like a security system and not start
    i hate parking the ski on the beach knowing a lanyard just needs to pluged in and away you go

kev

+1
    Oh so easy, 100 different ways of doing that, switch could set anything of the following (rpm limit 20 rpm), (100%ign cut) ( Max throttle = 0%) (Ign retard = -100) the list goes on.Lastly we have a dedicated IGN switch function that simply cuts fuel and ign when off.

If you want to do something right now and easy then unplug the imobiliser bypass from the front righ corner.

Cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post
    Oh so easy, 100 different ways of doing that, switch could set anything of the following (rpm limit 20 rpm), (100%ign cut) ( Max throttle = 0%) (Ign retard = -100) the list goes on.Lastly we have a dedicated IGN switch function that simply cuts fuel and ign when off.

If you want to do something right now and easy then unplug the imobiliser bypass from the front righ corner.

Cheers

i do like the unplug the immobilizer bypass option
    but it is a bit hard for quick access , and that is what would dictate how often it was done
    i may have a look at making an access flap

kev

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information