Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsons Question

Im running a 160 FXHO Cruiser with Riva Verlocity Stack, Air Filter and Free Flow Exhaust, with a Solas Prop and R&D Intake grate with pump stuffer and a new pump tunnel (stock size just a new one as mine was worn)

Im currently planning on doin the sponsons but im unsure wether its a worth while mod???????, im considering the Riva sponsons

I use the ski mainly in the sea and i have been told new sponsons will make the handling sharper, i dont wanna change the ride plate though

any input on this would be great

thanks
    Neil

the Riva Sponsons help tremendously in straight line tracking. They would work well for rec riding if your looking for more stability and better turning. I have a set I took off my FZR. I am not sure if the bolt pattern for the mounting bracket is the same but I am willing to part with them if they will work for you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Im running a 160 FXHO Cruiser with Riva Verlocity Stack, Air Filter and Free Flow Exhaust, with a Solas Prop and R&D Intake grate with pump stuffer and a new pump tunnel (stock size just a new one as mine was worn)

Im currently planning on doin the sponsons but im unsure wether its a worth while mod???????, im considering the Riva sponsons

I use the ski mainly in the sea and i have been told new sponsons will make the handling sharper, i dont wanna change the ride plate though

any input on this would be great

thanks
    Neil
    Probably won't notice them on the sea. Differnt around the buoys on a lake, but on the sea-wouldn't bother myself.

+1
    i made my own for the sho out of some nylon peices handling is awesome on a lake...

+1
    You're not gonna like the Rivas for ocean riding. They are tiny compared to the stock sponsons & you will lose lots of stability. IMO, the stockers are actually the best choice for offshore. The blade design of aftermarket sponsons is great for making the ski carve turns better, but they also grab more if you come off a swell slightly sideways. In the ocean, that type of sponson tires you out a lot faster will make it more likely that you go for a swim if the ski gets a little sideways on you.

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    QUOTE=razzie;1681556]i made my own for the sho out of some nylon peices handling is awesome on a lake...[/QUOTE]

and an old tuna can, some 6 inch nails, 4 barbecue griddle brackets and some blue-tac. the left side is 20" long by 4" deep and the right side is 16" long by 7" deep.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

i had the riva ones on my sho and thaught they were good, i only ever ride in the sea and in swells ect ect. i got hold of a set of worx sponsons and realized how shite the riva ones really are, i even put the stock sponsons on to do some back to back testing.
    worx sponsons are by for the best out of the 3, followed by the stock ones, followed by the riva ones.
    only my own opinion im sure others will differ but i agree with the above post.

+1
    dont tell everyone what i used they will all want to copy me....

You two crack me up..... Pmsl

Ian

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Probably won't notice them on the sea. Differnt around the buoys on a lake, but on the sea-wouldn't bother myself.
    +1...

I bought a pair of Rius one's for my sho..used em twice and went back to stock with my Jims plate...

Paul when ya going to let me have that plate off ya hands? Lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information