Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: advent box

advent box

Do the advent box give u a lil more rpm are is it really for giving more timing,I ask because i just put 1 on my ski and my rpm didnt move any,i did some search and i see some guys get a lil more rpm but im not getting any i dont no is it because the box has the stock curves are it just not working,but i was told if the box dont work the ski wont crank..but it do feel like it hit harder on bottom end....just need some opinions

You really need to more of a back to back test because weather conditions will change rpms quite a bit.

But yes....usually if it has more timing on top it should increase rpms....to a point....too much timing can hurt power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronn25 View Post
    You really need to more of a back to back test because weather conditions will change rpms quite a bit.

But yes....usually if it has more timing on top it should increase rpms....to a point....too much timing can hurt power.
    yes i did back to back to back testing with the advent box then with the stock cdi box rpm basically stayed the same with either cdi...like i said it has stock curves,im lost with this

What rpm are you turning? What curve are you running?

What rpm are you turning? What curve are you running?
    6990, and the box on single pipe

Could it be the advent not working?????anybody

I'm sure its working. But to help you we need to know more info. We don't even know what ski you have this on. Your rpms are a little on the low side right now. What mods and prop? Really like to help you.

They have different curves. You could be running a near stock timing curve right now. Go to advents site, they list all the different ignition curves. Which curve do you have it set on? They have many different curves for single pipe.

+1
    What do you have the advent set to? what curve? and what RPM?

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

And to add to this when an advent doesn't work, it doesn't work, the ski will not run.

I'm sure its working. But to help you we need to know more info. We don't even know what ski you have this on. Your rpms are a little on the low side right now. What mods and prop? Really like to help you.

They have different curves. You could be running a near stock timing curve right now. Go to advents site, they list all the different ignition curves. Which curve do you have it set on? They have many different curves for single pipe.
    it was a 1200 i changed the top end to 1300 n/p with stock carbs cant remember the jetting but by reading the plugs its pretty much dead on give are take,155 psi stock head 14/20 prop,riva plate cut by some local idiot, i got the advent on the enhanced stock curve and tried the riva single curve, rpm stay at 6980 either curve,im going to check the prop in the morning and see if its a tru 14/20.something is robbing me of rpm.and thanks for your insight ronn

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

[/COLOR]And to add to this when an advent doesn't work, it doesn't work, the ski will not run.[/QUOTE]thanks for a min i really thought the box just didnt work

+1
    what is the RPM setting on the advent set to? it is the first set of switches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information