Question what impeller for most top speed?

i have a 95 xp, and want to increase the top speed. any specific impeller?pitch?

THANKS!

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Solas XO 16/23 prop! Or it's the X prop for 720's

.what kind of speed are you getting on your 95 xp? I have a 96 xp and i can get it to about 55 and its a 787cc motor, and i'm think i can get a couple more mph out of changing my fowl spark plugs and getting a new impeller seal.... and what does the pitch mean?

how many inches forwards a prop moves with one rotation. the higher the number the faster top speed but less acceleration. Lower the number more acceleration less top speed

+1
    my 96 xp did 56-57 stock, with f/a, XO prop, and nozzles it ran 59mph. Down the shore I got a 61mph reading which I think was a fluke or maybe it got it when my buddy was on there. He's 100lbs lighter than me. anyway I sure with those mods on a 720 I sure you could get almost the same results.

thanks guys, i'm def gonna look into buying one, so i have a new problem maybe some of you guys with a model near mine could help, witch is the 96 xp, i think i might have messed up my starter, yesterday i was out, my ski was acting funny. i would give it gas but it wouldn't go anywhere really then eventually it would go and it would run normal until i slowed down agian and it would bog down again. then it died i ran the battery down trying to start it, no go. i was towed back threw the charger on the battery and today i try and staret it and the motor will turn over like 1 time, then the starter will just wined, did i suck something up and its just not gonna start tell i tear into it or did i blow the starter? please help and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leimkuhler View Post
    thanks guys, i'm def gonna look into buying one, so i have a new problem maybe some of you guys with a model near mine could help, witch is the 96 xp, i think i might have messed up my starter, yesterday i was out, my ski was acting funny. i would give it gas but it wouldn't go anywhere really then eventually it would go and it would run normal until i slowed down agian and it would bog down again. then it died i ran the battery down trying to start it, no go. i was towed back threw the charger on the battery and today i try and staret it and the motor will turn over like 1 time, then the starter will just wined, did i suck something up and its just not gonna start tell i tear into it or did i blow the starter? please help and thank you.
    check the pump and prop to see if somethings wedged in that baby, if not check the voltage of the battery and make sure its actually charged. If it is take a wrench and touch each terminal of the solenoid in the rear black box, then see if the starter starts cranking. If the starter still wont crank, then something is seriously wrong inside the motor, or the starters bad.

ya i pulled it out of the water and took the cover off the bottom where the water goes in, i turned the impelller by hand, then i tried starting it, fired right up, but i posted something in " why does my water box have a valve on it" about the bogging down, would you take a look at that post for, thanks bro.

+1
    any updates on what prop you end up buying and the results?

stock the 720xp did 52 mph(gps)

Thread Information