Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What a mistake!!!!!

so i tried the exhaust free mod last weekend and what a mistake, it was so f 'n loud i could not hear myself think. The drone was impossible to deal with, and it didn't clean up till about 6500 rpms based on stock tach. Anyway if you are someone on the fence about doing this mod i would not recommend it at all, it literally had my head hurting and ears ringing in minutes. I had read that it would be loud and get some drone, but boy what an under statement! I don't know how those of you that have done this mod deal with it, the slight speed gain is not worth it in my opinion. waiting on new stock elbows to come in to return to stock as the ski is just not rideable to me.

+1
    I don't mind it, but I absolutely see where people think the drone is too much. You might want to try the tommy jordan stock exhaust mod. He claims same gains as free flow without any drone.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    I like Tommy's version, not loud at all.

+1
    I would totally have to disagree with this post. I have a ff exhaust and yes there is a drone but not as bad as this guy describes it. There are things like getting the rear exit which I heard reduces the drone or doing the tommy jordan mod which completely gets rid of it. As a matter of fact the stock ski is just way to quiet. I love me ff exhaust and so does everyone else.
    You know this is an old saying IF IT'S TOO LOUD YOUR TOO OLD !!!!!!!!!

+1
    Did you all know that if you buy the R&D exhaust resonator removal plug, the instructions tell you to cut the stock exhaust elbow the same as Tommy decribes. Well actually R&D tell you to cut 3 1/4 inches and Tommy says 3 1/2. Have just done this R&D plug and it's slightly louder, but with no drone-it's great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SloFZ View Post
    so i tried the exhaust free mod last weekend and what a mistake, it was so f 'n loud i could not hear myself think. The drone was impossible to deal with, and it didn't clean up till about 6500 rpms based on stock tach. Anyway if you are someone on the fence about doing this mod i would not recommend it at all, it literally had my head hurting and ears ringing in minutes. I had read that it would be loud and get some drone, but boy what an under statement! I don't know how those of you that have done this mod deal with it, the slight speed gain is not worth it in my opinion. waiting on new stock elbows to come in to return to stock as the ski is just not rideable to me.
    Check out this post I made--- http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-w-o-the-noise Tommy Jordan

i will say i did not do the tommy jordan exhaust, i did one that i think x racer did, i got rid of both the resonator and the other "muffler box" and i will try to put the main "muffler box on and see how that does, just wanted to clarify that it is very annoying without them both. and i like loud, just not jaw shattering vibration drone loud, it sounds great out of the water!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    You know what they say if it's to loud you are getting old. So i guess I'm still a kid because i love loud exhaust.

+1
    Did you take out the water box. I think you took out the water box and my God a ski is very annoying without one, but sounds like heaven with a ff.

I have the Riva FF exhaust rear exit and no drone at all. The sound is AWSOME!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information