New 08 rxt owner needs some help here

Just bought an08 rxt with 20 hours on it machine is clean motor even cleaner i have a few ? First does the front storage come with a bin u can pull out or u just store stuff in the hull ? Second when u lift the hatch to get in the front storage how does it stay up I think I'm missing a rod or something any advice will help thanks guys oh and any advise what to check on it oil? Etc etc eg thanks

+1
    Hey Smoked, welcome to the Hulk...

I have on 06 T, but I think they're close enough. The bin in the front is usually an optional storage basket. I don't use one as I just throw my gear into the entire front of the hull. And yes, when you open your front hood all the way, it should stay up. If you think something is missing, you can post up pix and someone will come along to help. You can also check for a SeaDoo DIY regarding the front latch. I thought there was a fix for that, but that it was also for older models... anyway, it may shed some light.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smoked134134 View Post
    Just bought an08 rxt with 20 hours on it machine is clean motor even cleaner i have a few ? First does the front storage come with a bin u can pull out or u just store stuff in the hull ? Second when u lift the hatch to get in the front storage how does it stay up I think I'm missing a rod or something any advice will help thanks guys oh and any advise what to check on it oil? Etc etc eg thanks
    You are missing the pump that goes up the front of the hood to stop it from falling. Was it ridden in salt water? The previous owner may have had the same problem as me, my pump got completely rusted out and seized up. You can buy another one from OEM parts store for around $45.

+1
    Yes the 08 T-X had a front storage container that could be removed.

Read this "how to" thread about the front shock and bracket, it shows you what should be in place: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...rvice-Bulletin

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    You are missing the pump that goes up the front of the hood to stop it from falling. Was it ridden in salt water? The previous owner may have had the same problem as me, my pump got completely rusted out and seized up. You can buy another one from OEM parts store for around $45.

you can also some real heavy duty ones from pedders suspension in oz and get them gassed up to whatever pressure you want... thats what some of us are running in west oz anyway. we found the oem ones crapping themselves out really bad from the wavejumping, ocean riding... etc... food for thought..

Thread Information